Search results

1. aranhawaii

Who makes NEW 50cc minibikes?

Hey all, I'm trying to put together a list of ALL the companies that make NEW 50cc minibikes. Help me out and tell me the make and models of any 50cc minis I can still buy brand spankin' new? BONUS POINTS if you know their max speeds stock from the box. :scooter:
  2. aranhawaii

Help me ID these wheels/swingarm?

Hey all, I bought this stuff from a guy the other day, and I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me ID these. The wheels and swingarm may or may not be from the same thing. No idea. I've been told by someone that the fork may be off a Suzuki K10.
  3. aranhawaii

"Big Tuna" Tandem DB-30

Hey all, Been a while but here's my third completed minibike project since I started doing this. It's two DB-30 frames that we welded together to create a two-seated Doodlebug. The out-of-the-box 212cc pulls two people no problemo. Here are some photos: The "before." Two frames ready to be...
  4. aranhawaii

Where else can I get an engine upgrade kit?

Really need this: https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/baja-doodle-bug-engine-swap-kit-plate.html But they are out of stock. Is there somewhere else that sells these online that I should check? I'm in a hurry and can't wait til OldMiniBikes Warehouse gets more.
  5. aranhawaii

Pair of Baja Blitz - Bikes #3 and 4

Having completed bike #2, the Baja Racer, I got a pair of Baja Blitz bikes today from someone here in Oregon off CL. Is there a difference between the Baja Racer and the Baja Blitz? It doesn't look like it at a glance. :confused: Gonna call them Thing 1 and Thing 2 from The Cat in the Hat.
  6. aranhawaii

Dirt Quake USA 2016

Anyone else here racing their mini at Dirt Quake USA 2016 in WA?
  7. aranhawaii

Bolt-on-only advice for a 212cc?

Hey guys, I saw all the Stage Kits for the Predator 212, but don't wanna open up the engine (valve springs, etc). What can I do with just exhaust, air, and carb to increase performance (bolt-on, minimally invasive)? I'd love to be able to just add a pipe, air cleaner, and new...
  8. aranhawaii

Green DB30 Baja Racer w/212cc

Hi all... looks like I have found project #2. It's a Baja Racer (DB30) that I'm going to put a 212cc Predator on. This is a DB30-S, right? Here are some photos: Obviously, I have not worked with this frame or engine before, so any advice you all have will be HUGELY helpful. Here goes...
  9. aranhawaii

OldMiniBikes Chain Guard

Chrome OldMiniBikes Chain Guard Have one you wanna sell me? OldMiniBikes is out of stock.
  10. aranhawaii

Safely removing/reusing orig Bearings

Anyone out there with tips or instructions on how to safely remove original bearings without breaking them? I have two on the front fork neck that need to come out prior to painting the frame, and I also have two which are part of the jackshaft assembly which look like they're held on to the...
  11. aranhawaii

Tips for painting your engine?

Anyone have advice and tips for painting your engine? Obviously, care has to be taken around entry and exit passages, as well as near gaskets? What have you done?
  12. aranhawaii

Throttle Assembly 7/8"

Wanted this part from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, but it's out of stock. Throttle Assembly Single Cable If you have this and would sell it to me, or have a link to another site that sells it, let me know. Thanks!
  13. aranhawaii

Tecumseh Muffler NOS

Tecumseh muffler part#27181b Tecumseh Muffler New
  14. aranhawaii

H30 Diaphragm Carb

Hey folks. Judging from looking at my H30, I have what looks like a diaphragm setup rather than a bowl type, is that correct? Is my setup missing something? Like a Inlet needle, Valve, Seat & Gasket assembly? Should I just purchase a bowl-type carb, like those found on OldMiniBikes? Replacement...
  15. aranhawaii

Wiring a kill switch on an H30

When I replaced the throttle assembly on my H30 for a cable throttle setup, I noticed a kill wire that I had to disconnect in order to remove the old assembly. Is this the wire I connect to when I hook up a handle-mounted kill switch? This is the switch I'm buying: TOGGLE TYPE KILL...
  16. aranhawaii

Mounting H30 to the frame

Any advice on how to best mount my H30 on the frame of my minibike? It seems like the four threaded holes on the base of the engine are only threaded part way through, so any bolt I feed into it stops before making it all the way through. :shrug: I have no idea how to do this. Also, is...
  17. aranhawaii

Chain Numbers

I know I saw a post on OldMiniBikes recently that explained how to learn what chain you need to buy based on what you've got. I just can't seem to find it again. So here goes: I have an H30 engine which has a 5/8" shaft that's 2-1/4" long. I haven't yet purchased a clutch (since I don't know what...
  18. aranhawaii

Good beginner's throttle kit?

:confused: Have suggestions on a good, affordable throttle kit (grips, cable, handles, etc.) for someone new to building minibikes (aka me)? I don't need top of the line stuff, just something simple to turn my roller in to a racer.
  19. aranhawaii

H30 Air Cleaner/Filter

I have a Tecumseh H30-35362R that doesn't have an air cleaner/filter set. If you have and will fit, lemme know~! Pic of engine: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151543693259378&set=a.10151503664584378.1073741826.510094377&type=3&theater
  20. aranhawaii

1962 Fox Campus 1300

Hey folks, been a long time since I have been able to work on the rebuild of my 1962 Fox Campus 1300, but yesterday I finally dragged it out and started to tinker. Added the throttle assembly to the 3hp engine I bought locally, then made some spacers out of copper pipe for the rear axle. Now...