Search results

1. E

Baja Dirt bug mini bike won't start

next time next time you store anything that uses gas, good idea is to: 1 Add gas stabilizer. 2 Drain the carb float bowl, or turn the gas off and run it till it runs out of gas. (other wise the gas that is left there will evaporate and leave deposits that will gum up things.)
  2. E

Baja Dirt Bug parts Vancouver, BC???

Just got a Baja Dirt Bug for my Granddaughter 9th birthday. It is used and I have taken it complete apart and clean and lubing and adjusting and painting type of thing. I asked a question about the clutch in the forum engines and modification and found a fix to make the bike run better. Seems if...
  3. E

Centrifugal Clutch maint.

Thanks SertDog13 I did figure it out myself after a total of couple of hours. Seems that when removing the unit the spring had bent a little bit not letting it catch back on the clip that holds the spring. When I bent it just a little bit is slipped right on and worked.
  4. E

If the engagement goes up to 3100 how does that affect the slow riding for a young girl? I checked out the site and the spring is 7.95 but the shipping would be 40.00, I am looking around local to find the springs. I live in the Vancouver area BC, Canada. You mentioned that you keep your clutch...
  5. E

back at you Thanks chazdaddy Just the info that I was looking for. Just what is the black spring that you mention? And where do I get it? Thanks again for the info. James
  6. E

I attached 3 pictures of the clutch. One picture of the pull cord spring side. I did see the link that you sent. Nothing there about doing anything about it except oiling.
  7. E

not at home right now, I will post when I get there later or tomorrow morn. While I have your atten. I have taken apart the rewind pull cord assembly and can not get it to fit back so the spring engages properly. It pulls without rewinding back. Any tricks? By the way thanks for the quick...
  8. E

not the other friction pads, if that is what they would be called, on the centrifugal part. I am surprised to find it is metal to metal and not some sort of clutch or brake material.
  9. E

I just got a Baja Dirt Bug 97cc for my 9yr old Granddaughter. I have stripped it down to the frame to clean and fix any problems. I removed the clutch and would like to know if I should use emery cloth on the friction surfaces to freshen them up? There are shiny areas for sure, not looking to...