Search results

1. E

Montgomery Wards T555

On second thought, I don't think that picture is the correct one. Might be: https://www.bmikarts.com/Clutch-Mount-without-Jackshaft_p_5380.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwg-DpBRBbEiwAEV1_-GhoURKFmFPgLS2esQHheXC5cQZQ4pyC3JFHKg8LUC0FyTljIFSkNhoCuFYQAvD_BwE
  2. E

Montgomery Wards T555

One internet source recommends using Asymetrical driver and driven pulleys. I didn't fully understand the difference in the two. Thoughts? And what teeth sprocket on the jack shaft, opposite the TC?
  3. E

Montgomery Wards T555

I haven't totally made up my mind about running it on top, although I think that would be the easiest route. You mentioned finding the original mount; any idea where such a rare part would be? Did you buy your comet 30 series TC as a kit or each part individually?
  4. E

Montgomery Wards T555

I believe you might be running .
  5. E

Montgomery Wards T555

Awesome information! I didn't know there was such a big difference amongst the 20, 30 and 40 series converters. I will look for a jack shaft kit and mount on top. Although, I haven't completely made up my mind about the jack shaft original location or on top. My limiting factor is finding an...
  6. E

Montgomery Wards T555

Thank you sir. I've watched a few of your videos of you ripping in the snow. Looks so fun! I wish the videos were longer than 0:45 secs though! So I have been doing a lot of reading on the internet to find out any details about this setup since I'm such a novice to this T555. Correct me if I'm...
  7. E

Montgomery Wards T555

Great info! I need to stop and read this carefully while looking at the bike tomorrow to figure out what ideas your sharing. I’m too new for it to sink in instantly. Will a predator 212 push enough power or do I need to plan a bigger engine? I’m still trying to figure out how to create the jack...
  8. E

Montgomery Wards T555

Thank you a million for the information! I'm messed around with mini bikes for quite a bit and feel comfortable with them. This axle and differential thing is uncharted territory. Go Karts have been around forever. Is it possible to build a NEW axle setup for more reliability? That was the most...
  9. E

Montgomery Wards T555

Hello OldMiniBikes fellas. I just picked up a T555 from Facebook marketplace for $300. Frame seems to be in decent shape. The guy I bought it from said he got just a rolling frame and he rigged up brakes, throttle and engine. He got it operable but it’s quite sloppy. You can see here that he trying to...
  10. E

1970 cat 400x

FABULOUS!
  11. E

WANTED: Doodlebug seat. The newer curved.

Hi all. Bought a doodlebug mini bike for my son. Great condition but the seat was eaten by the previous owner's puppy. I'm looking to buy one if anyone has one for sale. Thanks for looking.
  12. E

1 inch grip

Thank you everyone for your input so far. I ordered some budget Harley grips for the 1" bars. I guess the cable issue will just be on hold until I get the grips. Maybe a local bike shop can help me out with a cable. I don't think i have to infrastructure to customize a cable.
  13. E

1 inch grip

Holy Moly! that's a lot of options. I'm just doubting that the throttle cable male end will screw directly into the Harley throttle grips. There are definitely plenty of 1" grip options, just wasn't sure how to make a cable match up. Was hoping to use the one I have, but that may not be an option.
  14. E

1 inch grip

Hi OldMiniBikes! I have a grip problem that has stumped me today. I am fixing up a K&S Hornet. I bought a predator 212 and a Mikuni carb. There are 2 problems: 1. The bars are not 7/8" size, they are 1". This greatly limits my twist throttle options. 2. The throttle cable came with a connection that...
  15. E

Mikuni 22mm

I've been riding the bike around after completing it and it runs pretty well. I bolted the mikuni 22mm carb from affordablegokarts.com right up to the motor and it runs pretty well. i know this has been discussed in the past but i'm having trouble finding it. the bike runs better with the choke...
  16. E

Tass's Bobber Build

holy cow!! this bike is gorgeous. such craftsmanship in this build. keep up the good work man.
  17. E

Rat Rod/junk

I'm really not wanting to tap into the valve cover to install a pulse fitting. I think the one from affordablegokarts.com will hook right up to my briggs engine but I really don't know. Any suggestions are appreciated! affordablegokarts: Carburetor Adaptor With Pulse Fitting
  18. E

Rat Rod/junk

It's been a while since i've updated my thread/build. i got the gas cap from simple tom - huge thanks again. the gas tank from ebay had some rust in it so i got a rust remover from home depot and it cleaned up nicely on the inside. i left the outside kinda beat up looking cuz i think it goes...
  19. E

Rat Rod/junk

yes sir. it's basically 4". i'll take that advice. thx man. PM sent to SimpleTom
  20. E

Rat Rod/junk

Well i finally got a gas tank off ebay for a decent price. there's no petcock or cap. i think it fits quite nicely. i'm kinda stumped though......when looking at the mockup of where i want it, i'm not sure exactly how to mount it to the cross bar between the seat and forks. also, if anyone has...