Search results

1. Steve A

Rebuilding an HS50

I am going to rebuild my HS50 in the near future. I am familiar with automotive engines, but have never undertaken a small engine rebuild. Can you recommend any favorite youtube videos that I can watch to get me started ? I have seen a few, but am looking for suggestions. Thanks.
  2. Steve A

Heald headlight

I have a VT5 that was missing the original headlight when I bought it. I am assuming that it originally came with an AP 4600 ???. Can anyone suggest a somewhat similar reasonably priced light that I can use for now ?
  3. Steve A

Need Heald clutch cover mount

I am looking for the upper mount for my Heald Trail Bronc with an HS50. Previous owner cut off the tabs and welded on bolts. Or, if someone is handy, I am willing to send it out to be repaired.
  4. Steve A

Wanted- two Heald foot pegs

Hello, I am looking for two foot pegs for my Heald Trail Bronc VT5. Thanks.
  5. Steve A

Engine ID question

Just picked up a mini bike with a Tecumseh engine. The engine #'s are HS50671450 Ser. 6252B. I looked at the engine ID sticky above, but just want to confirm that it was built the 252 day of 1976, if I am understanding it correctly.
  6. Steve A

Tecumseh question

Can anyone tell me anything about this engine from this photo ? I am old it is a 10hp but I haven't checked the engine numbers. I know nothing about small engines, would this be usable on a mini bike ?
  7. Steve A

New guy with question-larger mini bikes ?

In my early teens, I had a couple of mini bikes. I'm much older now and am thinking about picking up another one to restore/fix up. Thinking about a 68-69 vintage Rupp, but am a little concerned that it might be too small for me now that I am a little larger.... What other makes/models if...
  8. Steve A

WTB Rupp

Looking for a restorable project, from this list; XL500, TT500, XL350, 1969 Scrambler or Roadster. Thanks, Steve
  9. Steve A

Mini bike identification

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone identify the two mini bikes in the photo ? Mine was the one on the left, the photo was taken around 1968 or so.