Search results

1. G

China mukuni vm22 what screw is this?

Thanks Dave for clearing that up. Ok the choke lever in the UP position is in fact choke off! Whew! Thought i was going crazy there. Ive got the idle and mid throttle pretty much dialed in and working great. My needle is in middle position and pilot jet is a 17. Transition is very smooth. All...
  2. G

So ive just discovered a bigger problem. Apparently the choke lever when in the up position is in choke mode....All this time i thought it was opposite. It wont even try to run with choke lever in down position. Im surprised i got the thing running as well as it has with the choke on!!! I dont...
  3. G

About 1000 feet above sea level. So far full throttle is bogging down and spark plug is black when run and shut off immediately. I've tried 120, 115, now down to 110 main jet. I find it hard to believe that this engine needs this low of a jet compared to others. Idle to 3/4 throttle is running...
  4. G

Anyone else? what jets are you running on your VM22?
  5. G

Just wondering, I know every engine is different and has different carb setups, what size jets (main, pilot, needle) did you use with you vm22 and what type of engine with mods do you have?
  6. G

Ha! Well than dont I feel bright
  7. G

what screw is this and whats proper adjustment from factory? Vm22 Chinese mukuni on mild modified gx160. Having a hard tuning this carb in with different main and pilot jets. I have this screw about 5 and a quarter turns out and it will idle at decent speed. Some places I've read show this a air...
  8. G

Massive vibration on hard throttle

I'll pay someone for one :)
  9. G

Spark plug readings/mikuni tuning

Just received my real Mccoy mikuni and I can say I'm impressed just by comparing it. Choke lever is more solid, round bore is smoother and much larger, fuel bowl drain plug is a bolt with larger surface area for sealing, much heavier, and other small things I noticed. Plus it will be much easier...
  10. G

Ha! ebay.....but i made darn sure it was the real thing....good price too http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&toolid=10001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=202763784560
  11. G

Good point, ill do that. Anyone have any input on the new Juggernaut driver that GoPowerSports sells?
  12. G

I'm in the same boat as you. I decided yesterday and ordered a real Mikuni cause I want something that can idle halfway decent without choke and get good response.
  13. G

Delray, I do have a PVL alum flywheel. Before i used a clutch and it was vibration free. This is my first experience with TAV. Not too impressed, esp with so little contact area with the driver and crankshaft. The warrior is a big bike and the engine has got some mods such as mild cam, billet...
  14. G

Think I measured 2 1/4 inches that this crank journal sticks out from the flange
  15. G

Think I found the problem. The crank pully journal keyway is getting banged up from back and forth movement. There isn't much surface area to grip! Do they make a longer 3/4 crank for the gx160? Good thing she didn't come apart on me!
  16. G

Just a thought, im gonna pull the bloody TAV driver off and test to see if any vibration..
  17. G

Having a hard time figuring out what this massive vibration is coming from. On medium to hard pulls on my baja warrior bike im getting terrible vibration thats felt in the foot pegs. Very uncomfortable! Its based on engine RPM and load, not MPH. New street tires and bearings are good. Ive got a...
  18. G

RLV VS. $6 Chinese hot dog muffler.

Pipe diameter and bends also play a significant impact. I have 2 minibikes, each has a hot dog muffer. One is very quiet with sweeping S bend and stock diameter size pipe. The other a somewhat sharp 90 degree bend with straight robertson torque tube with hot dog muffler on end of it and its...