Search results

1. G

China mukuni vm22 what screw is this?

what screw is this and whats proper adjustment from factory? Vm22 Chinese mukuni on mild modified gx160. Having a hard tuning this carb in with different main and pilot jets. I have this screw about 5 and a quarter turns out and it will idle at decent speed. Some places I've read show this a air...
  2. G

Massive vibration on hard throttle

Having a hard time figuring out what this massive vibration is coming from. On medium to hard pulls on my baja warrior bike im getting terrible vibration thats felt in the foot pegs. Very uncomfortable! Its based on engine RPM and load, not MPH. New street tires and bearings are good. Ive got a...
  3. G

Breathing new life in old Heat

Finally getting around to starting back up on this build. Baja Heat that was purchased in pieces and the frame was a disaster. Im not the best welder but the guy before me was downright sloppy. Had to clean up lots of welds. Custom fab'd motor mount in order to clear tc install. Rebuilt an ol...
  4. G

upgrade cam for more torque or hold for bigger engine?

Just picked up a Baja warrior which is quite a bit heavier than old AZusa frame. Im tearing apart the (slightly) upgraded GX160 engine to install a new honda crank and ARC rod bearing. While im in there, should i look at any particular cam that would give me more torque in the low end? My RPM...
  5. G

Handling characteristics of different wheel/tire sizes

Have a azusa frame with 5 inch wheels and standard 350 tires that need to be replaced and just purchased TC so my old band brake setup needs to change to a rear brake setup which in turn going with a drum brake setup and will be needing to change out sprocket and such so im going to go with a...
  6. G

unusual chain wear?

New mildly modified GX160 thrown on the mini bike and I am now having the chain being thrown off the rear sprocket quite a bit. Things got a little better when i purchased the throttle kit and adjusted the throttle cable on the outside hole of the pivot lever. This only helped for a little bit...
  7. G

Honda GC160 complete engine

Selling my GC160 Honda engine. Runs very good. Does not smoke. Still makes good torque. This is a 5 horse power engine with the governor intact and working. Horizontal shaft is 3/4 inch. Throttle assembly is ready for hookup. Clutch shown is not included in this sale. Asking $50 for engine plus...
  8. G

crankshaft size

Installed a GX160 engine replacing a GC160 and went to try and fit my 3/4 clutch and it wont fit! Looking at Honda's website shows mainly 3/4 shafts, tapered, 22MM without oil sensor, and 20MM with oil sensor. My engine had an oil sensor so im assuming I got the 20MM. I guess they don't make a...
  9. G

alternative to the governor to limit RPM

Just picked up a somewhat new GX160 that was seized. Ended up finding a governor bushing laying inside the crankcase. Pulled that out and freed the piston now she is a great running motor. No damage! Only problem is there is no working governor now. Later on I will be investing in a ARC rod and...
  10. G

new clutch not as catchy anymore....

Just put together my first mini bike and lovin it. Its an Azusa with a Honda GC160 engine in very good condition. Purchased a new Max Torque clutch and boy for first ride it would lift the front wheels right up off the ground no problem. Next day, the clutch wasn't as grabby it seems. It will no...