Search results

1. SnakePliscan

modded 212cc vs stock 420cc predator motors.. questions

You got the motor in yet? Kinda interested as im doing a 420 Doodle Bug right now.
  2. SnakePliscan

1.3 ratio rocker ?????

Whats rocker ratio anyways? Cam lift x rocker ratio. so 0.308 x 1.3 = 0.4004 Rocker ratio is measured on ether side of the fulcrum (stud), if their the same its 1:1 make the push rod side 1/2 the valve side and youve got 2:1 ie the valve side moves twice as far as the push rod side. make the...
  3. SnakePliscan

Never know what you'll find at your local lawn mower repair

Cool, i put one, or one just like it on a trike when i was a kid, put pegs were the pedals were. i remounted the carb and ran it horizontal. it had some kinda flat belt clutch that i ran against the right rear tire. Motor would rev to the moon, gum boots for brakes, insanely dangerous, rode it...
  4. SnakePliscan

Hemi predator build

Sure likes that Mikuni, idles real nice and snaps to the throttle, gona be a blast to ride! Great build from start to finish, photos and write-up.
  5. SnakePliscan

Hemi predator build

Ok So your 36lbs springs are installed at 0.830 and they stack at 0.450, that leaves 0.380'' for travel. The Mamba lifts 0.275 x 1.3 = 0.3575 - 0.003 (lash) = 0.3545'' lift. And 0.380 - 0.3545 = 0.0255'' before coil stack. So thats a little tight so the springs may run a little hot over time...
  6. SnakePliscan

Hemi predator build

Valve guide seals with a big cam and big lift, do we need im? If your worryed about the retainers hitting the valve guide seals with 0.400'' lift, the easy fix is remove the seals, with as big a cam as your running your not gona pull a lot of vacuum on the intake side or oil down the guide as...
  7. SnakePliscan

Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

Now were talking, long rod, big bore, high RPM. methanol? no problem!! or? So what is the plan for the black block?
  8. SnakePliscan

Baja MB200 chop with GX420 clone and Tav swap. The Baja Monster 420 project......

Whats Next? It mite be a while before i get to fenders and paint, fenders sooner, paint later cause im gona need to strip sand and bondo, time. im liking flat baby blue, VHT has that in a header paint. Ive got a Motovox MBX11 that needs a hot rod clone too, stay tuned!
  9. SnakePliscan

Baja MB200 chop with GX420 clone and Tav swap. The Baja Monster 420 project......

420 390 TAV fitment TAV to block clearance, If i tryed to mount the tav in the center mounting holes (more strait up) the rear bearing would be sitting right on top of the oil filler, and thats with the cap removed. Infact the filler would need to be cut off and welded up. On gx390's or other...
  10. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 frame veiw tube drop bend modds Frame chopped and bent ready for motor, i flattened out the handle bars and it was to much i should put a little pull back, back in. My Lincoln HD 140 with 030 wire is kick ass. i was runnin 023 wire before and it wasnt as nice, the 023 is just for...
  11. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 seat frame and neck mods Heres the mods cut the old support off, kept the flat part to weld those tubes to, moved the forward mount back about 4'' Made the big old seat smaller got do the uplstrey but put the old cover on for now. Frount neck support just some old 1'' hydorlic tube i...
  12. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 chop and bend This is the frame being bent and the rake being reduced, i used ratceting tie downs to pull the tubes. pretty much just eye balled it all. The frame is pretty coc-eyed to start with so i think it's better aligned now!
  13. SnakePliscan

420 carb opinion I dont plan on keeping the 390/420 carb (i put on a ebay carb with ajustable idle screw by the way, with no air filter and a muffler change it wouldnt run on the non adjustable stock carb) as it's design is to basic. The 420 carb have one thing going for it, it's big...
  14. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 carb linkage mods to work with modded gov. lever Heres the carb linkage, You can see it takes some doing, the 390/420 carb linkage is backwards compared to a gx200, i used welding rod to build a triangle peice off the throttle shaft i trimmed cut and welded the Gov lever and support...
  15. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 Tank mounting So i mounted a gas tank from a 212 Rato on here. the stock 420 tank is twice the size and a no go. I just used 1/8 flat bar and drilled in the appropriate places. the fronts are about 5'' and rear bracket is 6'' bent with pliers and in my vice.
  16. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 Left side Muffler is a temp. Pic shows the angle of TAV etc....
  17. SnakePliscan

Baja 420 right rear veiw Ok this picture is the bike roughed out and ridable, still needs fenders and paint
  18. SnakePliscan

Hemi predator build

How many horse per cube? I like to use the 1 Hp per cubic inch rule, for the average motor that is acheived with improved intake and exhaust, mild porting and a cam in the 220-230 degree range. Wulfs motor has decent porting, raised compression and a big duration cam, (324* gross so 260ish...
  19. SnakePliscan

Strocker motor

THe head gasket bores sit well out side the bore space, that's good, the gasket face will be back from the line of fire, should live. Going for the sleeper look with clean parts on a scruffy block, sneaky.
  20. SnakePliscan

OOP's my bad, suggestions and comments not on the thread just PM me. I will add that my plan in the long term after all the fabrication and testing is done is, while the bike is striped for paint or powder coat i will Hot-Rod the Motor. I have a flow bench so i will flow the head and see what...