Search results

1. SnakePliscan

Baja MB200 chop with GX420 clone and Tav swap. The Baja Monster 420 project......

So to start, 5 pictures One of the bike the day i bought it. The bike is a 2005 Baja mini, originally sold by Canadian Tire Canada. The original owner i bought it from hardly rode it (the governor screw hadn't even been backed out for a few more revs) so bike was near new. The Motor going in is...
  2. SnakePliscan

Power ease by BE 420cc clone, true clone or rato-predator re-tin? anybody know?

Im looking to go 420cc big block in my chopped and lowered Baja Warrior. I need a 420cc that can use the 390cc aftermarket cams and mod parts. From what i think i know, the predator and its copy's are a no go as the cam bearing bush is bigger so the 390 cams don't work. Im looking at the BE...
  3. SnakePliscan

DIY Propane Bottle fuel tank Doddlebug

I made this tank from a old propane bottle, the fill cap is from a tin container that had a metal screw cap, it's just soldered on. Capacity is 1 litre approx. The brass 1/4" compression fitting is soldered in too, tank is vented though a small hole in the fill cap with hole in the gasket...
  4. SnakePliscan

Predator hemi piston in non hemi block ?

Predator hemi piston in non hemi block, will the flat top from a hemi go in a earlyer block ? Aare they the same compression height? Pin size ? diameters ? ring widths ?etc...everything but the dish man! Anybody know? Iim hoping i can swap one in while i swap to a gx160 head.......
  5. SnakePliscan

WTB Broncco Tx3 gas tank or similer

WTB Broncco Tx3 gas tank or similer, Ii have a tx2 with missing Tank fenders and a gx160 trans plant. I would like too lose the gx160 tank for the tx3 and get a way cleaner look, im thinking the same for my doodlebug too but one bike at a time eh. Any tips or leads apprechated as well. Thanks.
  6. SnakePliscan

Predator Hemi Billet Rod

I was asking someone who sells predator parts if the rods were interchangable between the two Predator 212s, Hemi and non Hemi. His response: The casting number may be the same but I think the 210FA is machined to a different size on the crank end then the R210's. They are two completely...
  7. SnakePliscan

Con Rod Comparison, Predator verses Box Stock Project

Con Rod Comparison, Clone verses Box Stock Project I saw a post here awhile back speculating about the Box Stock Project con rod and it's suitability to racing use. My interest was peaked so to have a better look i bought one, a BSP-1280-05, and a +0.010 Clone rod too for comparison I took...
  8. SnakePliscan

Dirt Bug, 19" ape hangers. drilled rear sprket, xtra foot pegs

Thought i would share some more mods to my dirt bug. The rear sprocket i drilled with a 1 1/2" or so hole saw and a 7/8" bit. I couldn't stand that it looked like a 10" pie plate, The 2nd set of pegs are for standing up while im bombin along, that and the ape hangers make for a squirrely...
  9. SnakePliscan

Modified Predator muffler

Thought i would share a couple pictures of the muffler on my 212, Mods are that i port matched the inlet, welded a slash cut tail pipe on there and then for more flow internally i drilled down (1/2'' bit) through the head pipe were it protrudes and terminates at the top of the muffler, i then...
  10. SnakePliscan

Max Torque clutch springs what works best

Did a search, some info, so thought id put up a thread. I'd like feed back from any and all about what stall speeds and clutch springs worked best for them. Please include gear ratio (or tooth counts), tire size (diameter), bike and rider weight, camshaft, clutch make, spring color codes...
  11. SnakePliscan

Mamba Jr cam. with 1.3:1 rockers, Which springs will work with Predator?

Mamba Jr. with 1.3:1 rockers, Will this work with my Predator 212? I'm planning this cam swap and need to confirm spring selection and retainer to guide clearance. does anybody know if the supplied springs that come with the Mamba are good for .360"+ lift? What is the retainer to valve...