Search results

1. Doc1976

weird wheel lug pattern?

Anyone ever seen wheels with a 4 on 3-1/8" pattern? I am unable to find anything anywhere.
  2. Doc1976

Red talon wheels

Trying ro get a red talon back on the road. I have been unable to locate a replacement wheel for it. It's a 5" wheel with a 4 on 3-1/8" lug pattern. Any ideas?
  3. Doc1976

Please help with model#

I am trying to locate some parts for a custom build I'm working on and I need the model number of a 3.5hp briggs IC with the float bowl carb and tank mounted on top of the motor so I could pull up the parts diagram. Thanks in advance.
  4. Doc1976

azusa 10" wheels

anyone running the Azusa 10" steel wheels? I am looking for suggestions on tires for these wheels. The ones I see on OldMiniBikes warehouse dont really do anything for me. I do want a street tire, so nothing in the knobby family. Any suggestions are welcome, pics are always helpful.
  5. Doc1976

help with clutch

I am looking for a clutch 12T 5/8 bore for 35 chain. I need the style that has the integrated key in the bore. but to go a step further, I need one that has the key that goes all the way to the end of the bore on the sprocket side. I have bought them before, but cannot remember where. I ordered...
  6. Doc1976

Briggs end play shims

I posted in the Briggs area as well, but there are way more eyes here. So it finally happened, I have an engine on my bench which has too much endplay in the crank. Until now, all the motors I've worked on have been within specs. I know there are thrust shims for this purpose, but cant seem to...
  7. Doc1976

briggs and stratton end play shims

so it finally happened, I have an engine on my bench which has too much endplay in the crank. I know there are thrust shims for this purpose, but cant seem to find a part number. the motor is a 3.5 horse 094201-0117-E1. does anyone here know the briggs part number for these shims? The diagrams...
  8. Doc1976

any bonanza choppers in AZ

looking for a bonanza chopper in the phx area. I would like to take measurements so I can reproduce one. Would be willing to buy a frame and fork for the right price. If you have one you're parting with or wouldn't mind letting me measure yours, please PM me.
  9. Doc1976

Any Bonanza chopper owners in AZ?

Anyone in the Phx area posses a Bonanza chopper? I'm looking to take some measurements to reproduce one. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would allow me to do so.
  10. Doc1976

Briggs 2 stroke

How rare are old briggs horizontal shaft 2 stroke engines?
  11. Doc1976

Bonanza chopper

Any Bonanza chopper owners here? I'm looking to begin replication of these old chopper minis. I love the design, but can't find any locally. I am looking for dimensions, bend radius, angles etc. If anyone has one here in the phx area I could take measurements off, or if someone would be so kind...
  12. Doc1976

please help identify this bike

Any help identifying the brand of this bike would be appreciated. Getting ready to post it for sale and would like to be able to advertise it properly. I doubt its anything too old or collectable at all, just would like to be able to tell the buyer what the brand is. Thanks in advance
  13. Doc1976

Looking for opinions on a build

Hey guys, im looking for opinions and suggestions on a build I'm getting ready to start. I don't know what model bike this is, but its in pretty rough shape. I'm having a tough time figuring out what direction to go with it. I'm thinking of maybe a chopper look resembling the cat chopper. There...
  14. Doc1976

DB30 hydraulic brakes

Anyone have any good photos of how you routed the brake hose on the older DB30 mini bikes? First time using this setup and struggling to find the best way to run the hose, it seems short for the application. The kit I ordered was supposed to be designed for the bike, but it is not long enough...
  15. Doc1976

Hornet?

Any body know about this bike? Advertised as a hornet. I can only find 2 photos on the internet in a quick search.
  16. Doc1976

212 gasket

Looking for thickness specs for stock side cover gasket for predator 212. Also is it the same gasket as the honda 6.5?
  17. Doc1976

Azusa frame question

I've got what I believe to be an azusa frame. The motor plate is mounted with the engine holes so far to the left side that there is no way to line sprockets up without a J/S. My question is..........did azusa make frames set up for jack shafts? It appears as though the engine plate is the same...
  18. Doc1976

For the Tule Trooper guys

Just finished this one, still waiting on the repro decals for the side of the package bin. Started this one with nothing more than the frame and fork. The engine mount was completely destroyed, the frame had more holes than swiss cheese. The motor is a NOS tec 8HP, torque converter, front and...
  19. Doc1976

Engine decals

HELP! I have been searching everywhere and can not locate the Briggs decals I need. I am looking for decals for the newer (1990's) style fan shroud. I can fine literally everything but these. Anyone have any leads? Anyone have the equipment and experience to reproduce if I were to send you a set...
  20. Doc1976

briggs CR and XR 950

Anyone have any experience with these motors? They appear to be another Honda/Predator/Clone engine. Just wondering if anyone has used one and what they thought of it. I have been a faithful Flathead user for years, but recently started working out of my comfort zone. Ive used a couple predators...