Search results

1. 1967 Tempest

2 Fox Sprites. $400 for both

Both are sold!! Thank you OldMiniBikes!
  2. 1967 Tempest

OK, lets make a deal... $375.00 OBO. Delivery free within 30 miles or so..
  3. 1967 Tempest

Lol! Me too. Just to reiterate, it is 400$ for both. Priced to sell!!
  4. 1967 Tempest

I'm selling these two Sprites as the boys are too big for them. Would rather a package deal. I will drive about 30 minutes to meet. The red one has a foot brake and a 79CC engine and the PMR jackshaft. Home made seat. The blue one has a 212CC pred with a footbrake.
  5. 1967 Tempest

Looking for help on Engine selection

I feel that you should err on the side of a bigger motor. The 212 stage II and TAV would be great for flat land etc.. But once you go up hills, that is where the TQ will need to be available. No replacement for displacement. I might even look at the 420CC (13HP) from Harbor Freight. Those...
  6. 1967 Tempest

Piece meal Mini for Sale.

Sold! Thanks OldMiniBikes!!
  7. 1967 Tempest

Pending.
  8. 1967 Tempest

I would trade for an oxyacetylene torch or a beefy welder for the thick stuff.. Video!!! https://youtu.be/jERr4ZJFtlU
  9. 1967 Tempest

Pred 212 Hemi will not start.

Set the lash to .005 and tried nothing..... Shut the gas off and got it running. Let it run out of fuel and then fired it up on the gas "on". Must have been getting flooded. I rechecked the float and needle to make sure the gas was getting turned off. Who knows, but it runs just as strong...
  10. 1967 Tempest

Pushrods are straight, flywheel key is good. I guess I need to check valve lash. Hemi book says 010-015MM valve lash
  11. 1967 Tempest

gets spark, and does kinda start on ether. It is kinda tough to hold that 3MM? screw and tighten down the nut. I willl check to see if the rods are bent.
  12. 1967 Tempest

It is a piece meal bike. Trail Blazer frame with Bonanza front forks. HF Predator Hemi engine and PMR engine plate. Clutch is a 41 chain OldMiniBikes clutch with a 54 tooth rear sprocket. Front and rear are both 6" wheels with 530/450/6 tires. Tire is about 16" tall. Homemade seat. Very torquey with...
  13. 1967 Tempest

Ran great! Put it away for like 3 weeks and it fired right up. Got it out of the garage, hit the throttle and died. Now no start. Tried two different plugs. Made sure main jet was not green with ethanol crude. Gets gas and if it "tries" to start i get a back fire or a backfire through the...
  14. 1967 Tempest

Intek 206 help.

Nope, got rid of it./
  15. 1967 Tempest

mini bike run from cops

AGREED!!! WTF was that cop thinking? I mean that should be the story!
  16. 1967 Tempest

Doodlebug on the street.

Heres a carburetor
  17. 1967 Tempest

Doodlebug on the street.

Yeah the beauty part of the TAV is the overdrive. The tires on the Baja are very tall. Which is great with TAV cuz you get TQ low and high revs up top. I just need to find a road long enough. I know I have gotten closer to 50 mph. If they are on your phone, connect it to a computer and copy...
  18. 1967 Tempest

Quiet muffler Thread. Post videos. Looking for a quiet muffler for Pred 212.

I ended up getting this. I did have to bump up the idle a hair. It is a little more restrictive than the bullet style. I will take a vid soon. A little quieter than the bullet as well. Im sure I did pick up a little more on the low end, but I cant tell..
  19. 1967 Tempest

Doodlebug on the street.

Ran an out of road. Bike was still pulling hard!!
  20. 1967 Tempest

Doodlebug on the street.

TAV2, header with muffler, air filter kit, 38 Jet, Drilled idle air bleed with 77 drill bit and thats it! I do have street tires on it. Kenda Road Go's Amazon.com: Kenda K572 Road Go Tire - Front/Rear - 19x7x8 , Position: Front/Rear, Tire Size: 19x7x8, Tire Construction: Bias, Rim Size: 8...