Search results

1. 1967 Tempest

2 Fox Sprites. $400 for both

I'm selling these two Sprites as the boys are too big for them. Would rather a package deal. I will drive about 30 minutes to meet. The red one has a foot brake and a 79CC engine and the PMR jackshaft. Home made seat. The blue one has a 212CC pred with a footbrake.
  2. 1967 Tempest

Piece meal Mini for Sale.

It is a piece meal bike. Trail Blazer frame with Bonanza front forks. HF Predator Hemi engine and PMR engine plate. Clutch is a 41 chain OldMiniBikes clutch with a 54 tooth rear sprocket. Front and rear are both 6" wheels with 530/450/6 tires. Tire is about 16" tall. Homemade seat. Very torquey with...
  3. 1967 Tempest

Pred 212 Hemi will not start.

Ran great! Put it away for like 3 weeks and it fired right up. Got it out of the garage, hit the throttle and died. Now no start. Tried two different plugs. Made sure main jet was not green with ethanol crude. Gets gas and if it "tries" to start i get a back fire or a backfire through the...
  4. 1967 Tempest

Pred 212 choke lever

Anyone got one I could buy for a few bucks? I lost mine before I could put bracket on.
  5. 1967 Tempest

Quiet muffler Thread. Post videos. Looking for a quiet muffler for Pred 212.

Mine is from a stage one kit from OldMiniBikes. Is this the same as the Bullet from Hot Rod? Does anyone have the RLV silencer? I need something quieter or the neighbors might start to complain... This doesn't do it justice on how loud it is.. https://youtu.be/CtLZfv5Q9Dg
  6. 1967 Tempest

Headlights, thought I would share.

I have a new to me Baja that I was looking to run lighting off of the engine. Since I cant make up my mind as to running the Kohler flywheel and charging or a stage 1 or 2 mod on current Predator Hemi, I bought a light. I don't do much night driving as I haven't had a bright enough light on...
  7. 1967 Tempest

Chain alignment procedure?

Since going from 41 to 35 chain on my TAV, I am having chain issues. I switched to try to incorporate a brake into the drum. I finally got the brake sorted out and as soon as i give it any gas under load the chain falls off. At first I thought the governor being maladjusted was the cause. It...
  8. 1967 Tempest

Did HF stop making the Hemi 6.5?

I dont see it offered on the web any more.
  9. 1967 Tempest

Baja warrior 165 Questions ignition and headlight

I had planned on a TAV and a pred 212 satge 1 or 2 or a pred 301 replacement on said bike. Does this bike have a charging coil on the original engine? And has anyone done the swap and kept light working?
  10. 1967 Tempest

PLEASE post your Torque-A-Verter brake pics

I have tried so many different brake combo its nots funny. The latest try is a 4.5" internal drum brake, but the drum was not drilled for INST so I redrilled it. It is a hair out of alignment and it broke off the stud I had in place holding it. I am going to try one more time to get this right...
  11. 1967 Tempest

Trade my Minibike for Tote Gote. Trade only, and only for a Tote.

I want a Tote Gote. It needs to be close so I can pick it up. Preferably with all of the main parts, i.e. frame and steering The mini I want to trade for it is a piece meal bike. Trail Blazer frame with Bonanza front forks. HF Predator Hemi engine and PMR engine plate. Clutch is a 41 chain...
  12. 1967 Tempest

ARCO CHain hits on left hand turns

I have the Promod Jackshaft system on the Purple Monkey with a 3HP predator. The rear tire is a 6" 4.10x3.50 tire. On left hand turns the chain hits and break the master link and the chain falls off. Is getting a bigger tire the answer or is there another fix. Id like to keep the 72 tooth...
  13. 1967 Tempest

Rear disc brake with a TAV on Trailblazer

I have the Pred 212 stage one and a TAV. I have the 16" tires. The thing hauls!!! But I used a band brake in the rear. I am constantly adjusting it etc.. Today, I was going for a quick run and the bad broke at the welds. Is there an easy way to add a rear or front disc brake without...
  14. 1967 Tempest

Briggs Intek 206 for sale

Was on my log splitter. New carb leaks gas just like the one I replaced. So if you want the entire engine let me know. Complete engine and spare old carb. $50.00 engine complete, local pick up. There is still gas in it and would REALLY like to not ship. Thanks Dave
  15. 1967 Tempest

Clutch grabbing and whining...

So the Purple Monkey has the PMR jackshaft which is great!!! But the clutch now is acting weird. It is grabbing at idle and stalling the engine. To use the bike, you get on it and pop start it like a manual. What could be causing this? I have oiled the clutch as needed. Is something stuck...
  16. 1967 Tempest

Band brake works then stops?

So I have the Allied Leisure kit on a hemi pred and it stops great!!! like locks the rear tire up. But if it gets hot, it will not stop at all. Is this an alignment issue?:confused:
  17. 1967 Tempest

Pat Mustard Bonanza/Trail Horse build chain questions

I am just finishing up my hemi 212 trail horse bonanza build. I ordered 10' of 41 chain and I think I got 40 chain. It is the same pitch and width but much wider. I didn't think anything of it until I drove off. The chain hits the band brake. So much so that it makes a lot of noise and I...
  18. 1967 Tempest

BMI Karts TAV question

I ordered this kit and it did not come with a washer for the driver unit. I watched a video where it has a black washer/spacer that is keyed. I called BMI and they sent another bolt.. FAIL! If I can not find this what are people using for washers etc..? Does anyone know where I can get...
  19. 1967 Tempest

Instructions??

I've placed many orders lately from a few different places. Not that I can not figure anything out, but why is nothing coming with instructions? Am I missing a large database full of them on the web that I am not linked to? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
  20. 1967 Tempest

Trail Horse TAV build questions

So if you dont know, I am using a stage 1 modded Predator 212 and TAV on the "Speedy Turtle" Trail Horse build. I need to raise the engine 1.5" up to allow clearance from the TAV plate. I have two questions: 1: I plan on using wood as a spacer because I know who I am and in like a year...