Search results

1. T

HS40 Rebuild Info Needed

No, it's available from the big Tecumseh parts house. I don't have the name of the place handy right now but the muffler is available...
  2. T

HS40 Rebuild Info Needed

Status/Feedback I ended up going with ATKRIDER for the overhaul and I am very glad I did. I recently received the engine back from him and boy howdy dose it run great! I highly recommend him if you want a quality overhaul.
  3. photo_134

photo_134

4. photo_236

photo_236

5. 092114_Hornet

092114_Hornet

6. T

K&S Hornet - Deluxe

K&S Hornet Project Attached are some pictures of where I ended up for now. I plan on doing something with the motor possibly this winter as it does smoke slightly. I also plan on putting an original type exhaust on it.
  7. K&S Hornet

K&S Hornet

8. K&S Hornet

K&S Hornet

9. K&S Hornet

K&S Hornet

10. K&S Hornet

K&S Hornet

11. K&S Hornet

K&S Hornet

12. T

HS40 Rebuild Info Needed

Thanks everyone for your replies and subsequent recommendations. I do appreciate it. Regarding the smoke color, it is a blue color and you can smell the oil in the smoke.
  13. T

HS40 Rebuild Info Needed

I am looking for some ideas/opinions on how I should proceed with getting my 40 year old HS40 overhauled. I have been restoring the minibike I had when I was a young kid and have concluded since it is smoking some under acceleration that I really should go ahead and have somebody that really...
  14. T

Comet TC88 Help

Just keeping it interesting Bone stock, 47 horsepower:thumbsup:
  15. 47 Horsepower, 250cc

47 Horsepower, 250cc

16. T

Comet TC88 Help

Bad hub? I want to confirm that this hub is history. I think Mr gumpit is correct in that the outer drive pulley is probably moving on the hub which is causing the vibration, Look at the key (on face) on this hub and tell me that it's not suppose to be like that. Will a modern comet 20 hub...
  17. TC88 Hub

TC88 Hub

18. T

Comet TC88 Help

i know what you are talking about and will check it. thanks
  19. T

Comet TC88 Help

So I tightened up the driven pulley rivets. There is still a serious vibration right off of idle, going both ways (accelerating and decelerating). I'm thinking it may be coming from the drive unit??? I have a new belt on order and will see if it makes a difference. It currently has the...