Search results

1. ludicrous speed

bit off topic but deffo diff

i somehow had this popup on my list whilst cruising minibikes? on the bay. i was interested because if it was small enough it could be mounted to a baja warrior or something along those lines. but, it took me a min to figure out what it really was..and then i saw the shipping!:out: Vintage...
  2. ludicrous speed

bird bike neck/headset bushings?

i am building a bird bike/golden pinto?,for a local couple for their 9 year old daughter. when i took the forks off i noticed the bushings? inserts? in the frame headtube are worn out and need to be replaced. where can i find these? also,the bike was id as a golden pinto awhile back but...
  3. ludicrous speed

bird is the word??

it says bird and looks kinda cool too.... is it a bird? Bird RARE 10 HP 100 MX 100MX Mccollough Mac 101 Mini Bike Taco Speedway Rupp | eBay ..ty for the answer Markus.... http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-discussion/86545-common-mini-bike-thread-9.html
  4. ludicrous speed

for sale or trade 198cc motor and transmission

this was removed running off a dirt bike. only bad spot was the intake manifold was rtv-d originally was going to install on a minibike but have too many projects already. comes with all wiring shown and the controls as well as the front mounting point and the rear mounting tabs off the bike...
  5. ludicrous speed

mini bike / jackshaft / whats my speed?

am trying to figure out my best gear ratios to order new jackshaft gears and am a bit confused. my stats are as follows. 12t clutch - 20t input js - 8t output js - 30t rear gearplate. tire is 16` high. this puts me around 6.5 ratio as far as i comprehend but whats the top speed going to be>...
  6. ludicrous speed

briggs mini bike motor?

im still learning,and have no clue.. did briggs motors come on minis originally? and did this particular motor come off one? or just lawn equipment? i ask because i was looking at the montgomery wards bikes recently and this one has a cool sticker. thanks in advance for any knowledge.
  7. ludicrous speed

happ jones wheels needed.

this is a long shot, i thought i remembered a member selling either a roller or these wheels recently but cant find them thru search. need the 8 inch steel wheels for my happ jones. any and all conditions. thanks for looking. will post a pic of wheel needed tomm/if you dont know what they are...
  8. ludicrous speed

percieved value/collector staus

was wondering why it is that some brands like the rupps, seem to be mega expensive to buy/restore when others are dirt cheap? the main reason i ask,is i see you guys finding them and ads every day for rupps,they are everywheres! literally. and yet the other bikes, some havent even been found...
  9. ludicrous speed

was told rupp,it no look lika rupp?

lol,like the title says,did a road trip today and picked this up while i was out. no clue what it is. got fenders,fender bracket and a seat. no tank,and no clues,and oh no kickstand either lol sorry for the dark pics. check out the weird bar setup. :scooter:
  10. ludicrous speed

need a set of bars for this bike

trying to get this bike rideable,dont care about correct bars or name brands. they dont need to be spiffy,just not bent and the same design. note how tall they are,not the halfass bar but the real one. this is how i got it. thanks in advance.
  11. ludicrous speed

golden pinto roller

was going to restore this but im no collector,im a rider so. first $150 takes it,it comes with a 4hp tecumseh that Ran Well! but currently has no intake/carb/. ( it was rebuilt and then used on diff motor,electric starter in pic also not included.) known issues: rear fender missing,right...
  12. ludicrous speed

carb and recoil for honda gc 160 needed

carb and recoil for honda gc 160/190 needed,they dont have to be spiffy,just useable. if you have the matching color cover i might could use that too. Thanks :thumbsup: also looking for: boonie bike rollers/or rollers with 10 inch wheels/tires.
  13. ludicrous speed

reasons why you should be more careful with your mini bike

sat i was working on a bike,had it on a cement block and chocked in front. its all good right? erm..no. im setting the throttle springs up and sitting next to the bike. the spring breaks the throttle goes wide open the bike starts sliding all over the place and then flops sideways on the...
  14. ludicrous speed

honda 8hp motor low run time

honda 8hp low run time. 1 inch shaft,ran great,is nearly brand new. was bought brand new by friend who never used it,engine sat for long time bottom of recoil shroud has rust. will post pic. i bought it off him,went thru the entire motor/carb,had it running perfectly and then traded it to...
  15. ludicrous speed

wtb Fox Doodlebug or Trail Bug roller

wtb Fox Doodlebug or Trail Bug roller, looking for a good frame wheels/rims,and brakes. everything else is workable,pm with info,and ty for looking.
  16. ludicrous speed

pair of manco rollers

300. what you see is what you get. Big Cat manco og Red paint the bad missing motor and trans/jackshaft has most plastics but missing some of those. the good. started conversion of front end,stock one has a solid weak fork that always bends. it now has a Honda shock front end and huge...
  17. ludicrous speed

what are they?

the black/over/red one has a really unique engine plate,ive never seen one like it?? and theres og white paint on the motor on the black red bike too. the red/blue one i have no clue,its something plus something with a clone.
  18. ludicrous speed

what was it?

another day,another something?? found on CL, missing a frame tube on the side where they cut it out to stuff a 5 hp briggs into it....:doah: missing one og footpeg and no signs of a brake of any kind anywheres? rest of it looks good and kinda cool,the shocks are strange i hadnt seen these on...
  19. ludicrous speed

how-to mount a tav on a boonie bike? and whats a hilltopper boonie bike?

we are finally getting around to the boonies,and ran into an unexpected snag. with the tecumsehs,the tav is straight no problem,but with a predator motor,the tav plate is angled into the engine tray..? has anyone mounted a tav on their boonie bike and if so,how did they do it? and i saw a...
  20. ludicrous speed

Coleman 2.0 gas tank and Reo gas tank for ??

needs cleaning inside and paint outside. tanks not in bad shape. Coleman tank = $ 50 Reo tank unknown application but looked cool = $80 paypal preferred shipping is not included.