Search results

1. M

Replacing the hydraulic caliper

Thanks, Im feeling dumb for not looking on the reservoir :(
  2. M

Replacing the hydraulic caliper

Hi, my HRMB hydraulic caliper failed today. It looks like I can get away with just a new caliper which includes new brake pads for $27+s/h. To replace the caliper.. I'm guessing i just need to unscrew the gold bolt going from the brake line to the caliper... then fill with new fluid and...
  3. M

Hydraulic brake failure.

Damn it, shouldnt have posted in this thread.. mine broke today. GENTLY braking at ~20mph. I gently increased the brake strength and felt a click and my brake was stuck on. The pad dislodged and had slipped halfway out and cracked a chunk off.. Got ~3 months of gentle street use out of it -...
  4. M

Hydraulic brake failure.

Funny, I was looking at the hydraulic caliper today I have from HRMB thinking it looked pathetically weak... Its pretty scary that you can go 40mph lose your brake and not have a backup. Does anyone have a front brake on theirs?
  5. M

Twist Throttle with Predator 212

Hi, ive been having an issue since upgrading the stock db30 engine for the predator 212. To max out the throttle on the predator engine I have to twist the stock db30 throttle much farther and i think beyond what it is meant to be twisted. It has gotten stuck a couple times halfway down when...
  6. M

What Extra Parts Are needed to Install Predator on a DB

Thanks for the help everyone, I got it running with a new top speed of 37mph. That is using the 212cc predator engine, jackshift conversion, and install kit from promod that has the engine mounting plate, clutch with higher rpm engage, new chain, clutch guard. I also got the hydraulic brake...
  7. M

What Extra Parts Are needed to Install Predator on a DB

I have an older style doodlebug and got a predator 212cc engine as a gift. I plan on getting the adjustable plate, a new clutch to fit the shaft. PMR Adjustable Motor Mount Kit http://shop.hotrodminibike.com/Max-Torque-Clutch-3-4-MT455.htm For the clutch, are people generally choosing the 12...
  8. M

db30 new carb tuning

OK I have only been touching the brass screw on the side. I didnt think that plastic black one did much of anything. I will try adjusting that one.
  9. M

db30 new carb tuning

Not sounding so good yet.. Db30 engine idle - YouTube I got a new carb off ebay from china.. it looks just like the stock one... is there just one screw to turn that adjusts it? See video... thats the best I can get it so far :( the strange noises sound like death. I rode down the...
  10. M

Dooblebug Silencing

I have the old style. So nothing I can bolt on or wrap in something?
  11. M

Doodlebug Stalls

How did you adjust idle? Which screw?
  12. M

Dooblebug Silencing

Is there any replacement muffler for the doodlebug stock engine to make it more quiet? Is the predator engine a more quiet engine in stock form? Or are there better mufflers for that engine available? I want to ride more in the evening since its getting dark earlier, but I don't want to...
  13. M

Doodlebug high pitched clutch noise

Ok, so for the past week, the wheel has been spinning along with that noise when I lift the rear tire off the ground. I have tried oiling the bushing again with no luck. Any ideas? I cannot find info on the stock engine for idle adjustment and im wondering if that is the cause.
  14. M

DB 30 Brake Rotor

The first link is a 6 and 1/4" rotor which is just about 160mm.. you need larger for the DB30. I dont think you will find a lot cheaper than $40 since the bolt pattern, distance from center bolt location, and diameter all factor in... pretty much no one makes the right rotor size.
  15. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

So after my first cleaning it held gas overnight, but the next day when I finally has time to run the engine it ran great but started leaking within minutes of shutting it off. I took the carb off again last night and put more effort into cleaning it. Thing looks brand new inside. This time I...
  16. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

Hi, I bought a chrome "improved" gas cap because the original one leaked.. the new one leaks just as bad. Also, the fuel shut off was broken when I got the bike, the plastic is snapped off so it isn't an easy on/off for me. Thanks above for the butterfly info. Ill test drive after...
  17. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

The bowl was full when I took the screws out, but once the bowl was off the float itself felt dry and empty. Does that black plastic thing in the video do much of anything?
  18. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

Yeah, I wonder if it was a one time thing that the float was stuck open... at least it got a blasting with carb cleaner anyway.
  19. M

Gas Leak - Doodlebug

So, I filled my Db30 with gas yesterday (full tank), rode for 3 miles and parked it in the garage. Woke up this morning to a very gassy garage. Doodlebug tank was empty and when I shoke the bike a little a few drops of stuff dripped from the air filter. I didnt have time to investigate...
  20. M

Larger off road tires doe DB

Those make me want to ride in winter.