Search results

1. R

Retro Mod Taco Build

Thanks JCW! It's been a great bike! It's been four years now and it gets ridden on weekly basis and my wife has been drag racing it at Symco the last couple of years.
  2. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Yes, they are fun style rules and they don’t get very specific. I’m pretty much trying to play along. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Thanks Dave, but can’t run a slide style. I already have a a Mikuni vm22. I need to run a traditional butterfly style and I’m trying to figure out if I can match the power and drivability I can get with the mikuni but the a butterfly style carb.
  4. R

Best “stock” style carb?

Hi Cfh, I did check out your thread where you compared the different HS40 and HS50 carbs and it was very interesting. I don’t want to pigeon hole my self one specific engine but i will narrow it down to a 200ish cc OHV 4 stroke with some mods that would put them beyond there original 6hp...
  5. R

Best “stock” style carb?

What would you say the best universal “stock” style carbs are out there that are obtainable, adjustable (by needle or jet), for 6-10+hp and a good performer on the level of slide or tilly. I know the HS and HM series carbs are popular as well as the predator carbs. But is there a real solid...
  6. R

Recklessford’s 2018 Build Off - Anything Goes

I'd like to say a big Thank You to everyone for checking out my build and all the nice words! This place is awesome!
  7. R

Yeah, no problem. It's just a hemmed edge, but the edge was tipped to about 90 degrees in a bead roller and then folded over the rest of the way by hand (hammer and dolly).
  8. R

I'm there! It's the one show that I really look forward too. We're in vintage camping this year. I'll probably have this in the drags this year. Wife was in the drags last year. :laugh: :scooter:
  9. R

That's funny because all I remember seeing were predators. :wink:
  10. R

English Wheel Build

Great thread! I also am very new to the English wheel and just made my first official parts. I've relied a lot on Lazze metal shaping for a resource.
  11. R

All done as seen in the video.
  12. R

Thanks guys! https://youtu.be/vtwCooZX-mc
  13. R

Help with 2 cylinder engine ID

There we go. Thanks to you I was able to find this thread which has a very clear picture of the engine and engine tag. It's clearly the same engine. Thank you for the help!
  14. R

I didn't mean to give the impression that I own this bike. I don't. I just like the engine and would like to find out what it is.
  15. R

I don't really care about the frame, (appears to be home built) but this engine has me really intrigued. Any idea what it is??
  16. R

Fenders and the seat. First a few photos of the rear fender. Fender is made of .05 aluminum and was made with an English wheel and shrinker. Hemmed edge. Strut it made from 22 gauge steel folded and then given a bead for strength. Front mounting tab is 16 gauge. Riveted together. Chain...
  17. R

Fenders and seat covers. More tomorrow.
  18. R

I’ve been slacking on my updates. These next set of pics lack in process images but there are a few. Finish welded the frame. Making the primary cover. The only reason I made it from aluminum was because that’s what I had the most of laying around. Making the exhaust. Also, the engine...
  19. R

Done and done. What about that flat they add into the intake port? I’m assuming it’s there to promote swirl, but I also notice they don’t put it in all of there heads. Worth removing?