Search results

1. P

Possible mods to fix this issue...

This site and OldMiniBikes Warehouse have been helpful to me in my efforts to learn more about small engines through hands-on working with them. I have a 6.5 hp clone in my Baja Warrior and with the gov removed, it has been fun! It is fun in my opinion to work on engine mods in a toy like a mini-bike...
  2. P

How much does a used Baja Warrior MB200 go for?

Hi all. I haven't posted in a long time! I am considering selling my used Baja Warrior MB200. It served its purpose of being something fun to work on/learn from and ride for this past fall till now (little more than 8 months of intermittent use). I've never jumped the bike, but have ridden...
  3. P

Billet rod and flywheel success but still one question....

Hi all! I managed to get the OEM motor that came with the MB200 back together; start it and not blow it or myself up! :smile: The inductive pickup tach registered a max RPM around 6000; that was at wide open throttle with the throttle linkage pegged to wot. It didn't seem like it could rev...
  4. P

Cylinder head bolt torquing sequence...

After one has snugged the head bolts with fingers, what is the proper torquing sequence? Please refer to the figure below:
  5. P

Can stale gas cause this situation...

I have a fairly old Craftsman snowblower (single cyl., 17.5 HP OHV) that refuses to stay running... I had to replace the metal connector from the plug wire to the plug (became damaged) since I removed the plug so many times to check its condition or to unflood the cylinder. Basically, I...
  6. P

Something about electronic fuel injection that has been bugging my mind...

So I just remembered something that has bugged my mind in terms of why a clear cut answer is not easily found on the internet - at least one I could find. I have tried searching at various times and not finding anything. Here goes: Back in high school, I knew a little about internal...
  7. P

Anyone else run their MB200 without any electronics driven by the engine??

To extract that miniscule amount of rear-wheel HP, I don't have my stock MB200's headlight connected. I usually ride during the day and thus don't need it. The few times I rode at dusk/night, the light was sooooo weak that is was practically useless. Plus a others have pointed out, it is AC...
  8. P

Anti-Grenade thread: billet rod and flywheel install checklist.....

Hi all!! The 212cc stock predator in my MB200 is still running strong! No signs that it will let me down any time soon and I haven't been easy on the bike either. I still have the OEM 6.5hp clone that came with the bike lying around.... Before I order the parts and do the install, I just...
  9. P

Splash and muck guards for the MB200...

Well they say that necessity is the mother of invention... Another recent project I completed was adding simple front and rear splash guards.... the OEM fenders weren't doing a good enough job imo keeping muck, mud, and debris off my engine.... I grew tired of hosing the engine down after a few...
  10. P

Better quality bearings for Baja Warrior MB200...

Anyone know where I can get some better quality wheel bearings and steering knuckle bearings for the MB200? Not just OEM replacements, but better sealed and maybe better material bearings?
  11. P

Carbed 4-stroke OHV engine science....

So after a few months of riding my MB200 and delving deeper into working on 4 stroke engines, I've noticed a few things... Below are the questions and anyone who knows scientifically what is going on, please chime in::scooter: Note: I have a stock 212cc Pred in the MB200 and it has maybe...
  12. P

Play in Baja Warrior steering stem?

After riding my Baja for several hours, I started noticing that the handlebars wiggled a little more than they should. I tried tightening down the nuts on the bottom side of the top plate of the triple tree to make this go away. However, those nuts were as tight as possible, yet the wiggle was...
  13. P

Uh Oh! Predator 212cc burning oil ?

I checked my oil about 3 rides ago. At that time it was at a correct amount as indicated by being about halfway up on the dipstick. Before riding today however, I noticed that the oil level had decreased by about 1/8 " to 3/16" of an inch on the dipstick... This is still the original oil I...
  14. P

Symptoms looking for a diagnosis....

The past few times I've ridden my Baja MB200, it was fairly brisk out. I noticed a few different sounds compared to when I first got the bike back in August when it was still warm out. On these cold days, it seems like in the first 10-15 minutes after first riding, there is a screeching...
  15. P

Adding front brake to Baja Warrior MB200

My recent 212cc Predator install into the Baja Warrior went easily. I can def feel a little more torque compared to the stock 196cc clone that came with the minibike. At the backyard "track" area where I ride it, the bike has enough top speed even with the governor still in. I first rode it...
  16. P

Little unsure about 212cc Predator engine install into Baja Warrior MB200...

Hi again. Please refer to my other thread in this forum as to why my Baja's stock 200cc engine is not currently running... Hopefully two of my dad's mechanic friends can figure it out soon... I spoke briefly with several small engine repair shops in my area and they don't do work on clones...
  17. P

Help! Removed governor then cannot start/very hard to turn engine over... Binds?

Hi all, new member here. About 2 months ago I got a Baja Warrior from a local Tractor Supply Co to have some backyard fun! I loved the riding style/feel of the Warrior and it did very well in the backyard "tracks" I have tried so far. The stock engine (Honda GX200 clone) almost always started...