Search results

1. mountain38

tote gote model 403 - infomation please

Nice Gote Here is mine It is a 1962 that I did as a military tribute. If the clutch is roached you can use the comet 40, that is what I had to do because the climbaway was missing. Good Luck!
  2. mountain38

Briggs Identity?

Thanks!! Man these carbs are expensive Looks like it will be rebuild for sure! I appreciate the quick answer Jason
  3. mountain38

Briggs Identity?

Good Morning. I need to find a rebuild kit for the carbonator on this Briggs and I cant find the model #. Can anyone help me ID this engine and carb? There is an "E" marked on the bottom of the carb. Thanks! Jason
  4. mountain38

Tote Gote Build 1962 Vietnam era bike

Pictures 1962 Gote
  5. mountain38

Thanks Dave, Thanks for sharing the military vehicle information! I am sure it will be helpful to more than just me down the road. I had uploaded a bunch of pictures but the got lost in the upgrade. I took the bike out for its first test drive and it did pretty well. The one hill I tried to...
  6. mountain38

Tote Gote Model P?

you are in the right place for "downsized tinkering" for sure. Good luck with the build if you have any questions along the way this is a great place (plus your not too far from me in Tioga, PA). Jason
  7. mountain38

all original 1971 Rupp scrambler

Amazing bike!!
  8. mountain38

Comet 40 Belt Help needed

The belt worked! In case anyone wanted to know that is :) J
  9. mountain38

Tote Gote Model P?

Good Luck. These Tote Gotes are an animal all their own. I have had a lot of fun (and frustrations) rebuilding mine. But you have all of the parts in the drive system so the hard to find parts are there already. Jason PA
  10. mountain38

It's Alive! Just a quick update. I got everything put together last night and it is working. There are a few kinks I have to iron out but for the most part it seems to be functioning properly. The drive system is a little noisy but with so many moving parts breaking in I guess that would be...
  11. DSC_0469

DSC_0469

12. mountain38

Happy Veterans Day!

I just want to say happy Veterans Day to all of the service men and women out there. I have great respect for everyone of you and for all you have sacrificed over the years. If you have a picture of you when you were in the service lets see it! Thanks all Jason PA
  13. mountain38

All hooked up I got the chain ran and all set up. Runs pretty good but I do have to shim the one bearing a little bit to tighten the chain to the drive wheel. I am waiting on the drive belt to come in and I will be able to take it for its maiden voyage. Also I was looking around the garage...
  14. mountain38

Good thought on moving the engine, I didn't even think of that :doah: I will see if I can cheat the bearings back and the engine forward. I am going to give the 204331A belt a shot. I will post if it works out. Thanks! J
  15. mountain38

Hello I am trying to figure out what size belt I am going to need for my Comet 40 driver going to my Horstman driven clutch system. the Horstman is 7 1/2" in diameter and the distance from the center of the crank shaft to center of the driven clutch is 13 1/8. I read that I need a symmetric...
  16. mountain38

making progress I have all of the drive system parts mocked up except for the 48 tooth large gear in the back, I have to try to get one that is a little smaller at TC tonight and see if it will fit. There is a 35 tooth that a model 403R ran so I am going to see if that will fit. I found the...
  17. mountain38

Nova ?

18. mountain38

Nova ?

19. Nova

Nova

Nova pics
  20. Nova

Nova

Nova pics