Search results

1. jackeo21

Anything Goes - Jack's Ratrod Tru-Test Trike

After a long absence I have returned to the forum at the thought of competing in the Oldminibikes Build off for 2018! After competing in the 2016 build off I had finished a Lil Indian to a rather high standard. Now, I'm going the other way, and making a bike, well, trike. And not just any...
  2. jackeo21

What is this?

Greetings all, Just thought I'd break my absence on this forum by seeing if any Tec gurus out there could help me to identify a little 2 Stroke Tecumseh/Lauson engine. I have never seen another like it! It starts and runs but makes a bit of a racket on the inside - I suspect it will need a...
  3. jackeo21

Tecumseh "Kirby" Restoration

Hey all! After not posting here for quite sometime due to being caught up with other commitments, I decided that it was time to post something. A few days ago I went and picked up my newest purchase, a Kirby Tecumseh. I know many here won't be familiar with this name, so I thought that I'd...
  4. jackeo21

2HP Restoration/Hot Rod

Good evening folks, It's been quite some time since my last restoration thread so I've decided to make a little comeback :thumbsup: The Candidate: A 1969 Briggs and Stratton 2HP, with a vaccu-jet carburetor and 5/8" crankshaft The Plan: To make a tough, reliable engine that looks better...
  5. jackeo21

Need H25-H30 Advise!

Hey All, My little H25 or H30 tec (I have no idea which..:laugh:) has been apart and out of service for way too long now and i'm getting tired of kicking it around the shed. I need to put her back together! It's got the standard bore size for an H25 or H30 (they share the same bore) and it...
  6. jackeo21

Saved From Nature - Jacks 32 Kart Project

Hey all, Who doesn't want a 32 Ford Roadster?? I sure want one, so I bought one. Yes yes, I know its not the real thing, but i'd say its close enough.....:laugh: This is what looks to be an abandoned kart project from the 1980s. It also looks to have been sitting under some trees since...
  7. jackeo21

H25 Restoration

Hey all, Thought I'd make a little restoration thread as I haven't done one in some time. I'm currently working on an early 60s H25 that was partially stripped by the previous owner and thrown in the corner of a shed. Many years later it sits on my work bench, in more than a million bits...
  8. jackeo21

Neglected HS40

Hey all, I've been waiting all week to finally receive an old Tecumseh I bought in an auction. There was only one blurry picture of the engine but for the low price I got it for, it didn't matter :laugh: The Tec I have here is an HS40, an engine I often see on minibikes. Although I...
  9. jackeo21

Tru-Test Trike!

Oh look! Another one of them "Tru-Test" minibikes! Hey all, After selling my pride and joy bike recently, I am able to begin work on another project I have been contemplating for a long time now. A classic styled, rat-rod minibike drift trike! Bit of a mouthful if you ask me, so i'll have...
  10. jackeo21

Two Fours

Hey all, Just thought i'd share some stuff I've been up to recently. As some may know, the 4HP Briggs and Strattons in the bigger block are becoming thin on ground nowadays. I have managed to collect two of them and thought I'd post them here. First one is the red 4HP. This engine started...
  11. jackeo21

Jackeo21's - Vintage Class - Tru Test - OldMiniBikes Build Off 2016

Well, to be honest, I never thought I'd ever get the chance to enter in the OldMiniBikes build off, but, here I am! I'm entering in the Vintage Open Class. My bike is a 1970's New Zealand built Tru Test. I have the frame, forks, wheels, sprocket, chain, and axles/bushings. I picked up this bike not...
  12. jackeo21

Tecumseh H25 Shroud

Hey all, I'm looking for a pull-start Shroud to fit an H25/H30/H35 and the U-shaped metal piece that goes behind the flywheel that the shroud bolts too. The shroud needs to be the 60s-70s round style for motors with the coil underneath the aluminium type flywheel. Looking for a shroud in...
  13. jackeo21

Rough H25

Hey all, Did a deal at a swapmeet recently. $5, I scored this old beast for :laugh: This is an old H25 Tecumseh. I know this because the intake manifold is very small on the inside. It didn't come with a shroud so I'm not sure what year it is. Maybe someone can tell me by looking at it?? It's...
  14. jackeo21

Another 3HP Resto!

Hey all, I have taken up the brutal task of rebuilding this 1973 3HP Briggs. The amount of dirt on this thing is ridiculous! The valve cover was barely visible when I got it. All but one of the recoil starter tabs are snapped off. This old girl was painted in house paint at one stage! Luckily...
  15. jackeo21

What clutch is this?

Hi all, Just wondering what clutch I have here? bought it for 25 bucks a while back and have always been curious, was thinking somewhere along the lines of a comet. 11t, 35 pitch, 3/4 shaft. Very torquey, steel tooth, easily pulls wheelies and has great takeoff, would like to find out what...
  16. jackeo21

Urgent Briggs Help

Hey all, I'm usually the one giving advise, but right now I really need somebody's opinion as I am wasting more and more money and this project is in the way. I have a 1974 Briggs 5HP some people may remember from my build thread awhile back. This motor ran great for one weekend, until it...
  17. jackeo21

Briggs 5s Project

Hey all, I just bought a Briggs 5s motor. I love these little things! I had a 5s at one point but it never went (no spark), so I sold that. I bought this for $10 bucks. :laugh: She is a good runner! Fires up but needs a carb and tank clean. I think that I will repaint her in black, with new...
  18. jackeo21

Minibikes In New Zealand

Hey all, A late introduction, a good 200 posts late actually :thumbsup: Here in New Zealand minibikes are a rare sight. We only have one type of minibike, that was made here in the early to late 70s, the Tru-Test minibike. Some of you may have heard of these before. If you don't know what a...
  19. jackeo21

Early 3HP Restoration/Hot-Rod

Hi all, Received this old 3HP in the mail today. The engine is presumably one of the really early 3HP's in the 80000 series (kool bore) to come out. It has an aluminium bore (1958-1977), with the 3-leg coil, and decal on the side of the motor (barely). It also has a rare crankcase cover that...
  20. jackeo21

Some kind of Cat?

Found an american bike on TradeMe (New Zealand Auction site). I just need to know what it is... Looks like it has cat forks and widens at the rear like a cat, but not sure what model this is. Is it modified? VINTAGE MINI BIKE | Trade Me -jackeo21