Search results

1. D

3/4" drive belts

Sounds good.... but I'm as far back as I can go (and the jackshaft is as far forward) All I can think of is maybe the original engine crankshaft was higher up in the engine block (and thats a long way up.. just can't see it)... all I can go is DOWN, so.... looks like(maybe) I can mount the...
  2. D

3/4" drive belts

I'm assuming these "kelvar" belts are a new thing (Kelvar 1958??) What did they use previously.. Just a regular V belt? Reason being... I've got (basically) a 20 set-up, but my "shaft to shaft" is 15" Longest "comet type" belt I can find is 12-13" or so. Rather than going to a whole new...
  3. D

Tote Goat rebuild questions

OK... I see the other end of the shaft has a collar has a set-screw ... on each end of the other shaft..... I'm thinking this one (by the driven sheave) has been lost. Still at a loss as how to remove bearing and then sheave. Picture (above) shows what I have... collar with 2 holes, but...
  4. D

How?? to remove shaft bearings? OK... so how does one remove the bearing? Hole in "cap" at end of shaft.. spanner wrench, thread on/off? R/H or L/H thread?? or ??? Thanks
  5. D

Interesting note on the deepco... It has a keyway, and a "set"screw impinging on the keystock... but yeah... it looks like its been there awhile (I'd probably take it down to a driveline shop if I needed to get it off). Pillow bearings feel OK.. no way I can see to grease them (probably a...
  6. D

what it is

yeah, I agree.. but I just can't tell from the drawing.... Hopefully somebody has an actual picture
  7. D

Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

Reminds me of when I was (much) younger.... Honda SL 70.... first ran on alcohol, Flywheel put on lathe and lightened, then bored to 90cc (and run on alcohol) Kalgarded, THEN entire cylinder bored out, replaced with a 110 (or 125, cant remember) sleeve and piston.... Ran like a stripped @$$...
  8. D

what it is

Baldwin Trail Cycle??? Prospector??? Blazer??? Has parts that look like all three... (Frankengoat)????
  9. D

Richard... should I buy the driven sheave also, or do you think that "maxi" would work out? ..... and on a similar note... I see a "set" (drive & driven.. uses the comet 20 type belt) up on e-bay, new, (probably Chinese, my guess) that shows direct replacement for the Comet 20 for $100...
  10. D

Hi Jason.. No numbers or "trade name" anywhere.... Looked for your pictures, msg says none there.....
  11. D

re: prospector Never could find a picture of a "prospector".... Closest I can find is this "Baldwin Trail Cycle... At least the front looks close (lower anyway)... rounded undercarriage... but my forks arent bent back, the handlebars are different, and the back is totally different :) So...
  12. D

3/4" maximatic driven Its 3/4", (def not 7/8").... It was suggested I could use a Comet 20 (which I probably will)... but the downhill holding wont be as good... (I'll put a disk brake on that shaft I guess).... I wonder why someone doesn't make a "speed" sensitive vs all the "torque"...
  13. D

Deerco Maximatic torque converter

Maximatic driver Did you ever find a "driver" for that maximatic? (If your like me... you either found zero or a dozen). I NEED one, or, what did you use for a replacement? (mine does seem to be the narrow belt). Looks like totegoteparts.com is no more
  14. D

Tote Gote, Blazer, ?? OK.. I'm half blind now looking at all the great Gote & Blazer (& & & ) pictures... and I can't find a one that looks like this frame (big round front and all). There has been some welding on the front head.. so maybe it isn't the strongest design out there.... The...
  15. D

secondary (driven) sheave The sheave is a "DEEPCO MAXIMATIC" and looks pretty narrow. I'm assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) I would be better off with a wider belt.... and would be better off buying a "driver" and a "driven" with the belt from the same company (again I assume I can...
  16. D

EXACTLY like that :) So... what do I need to make this puppy purr? Thanks for the quick reply...
  17. D

First... I have no idea what model.... Its square in back with the tubing just sticking out (one page says its a 675, another it looks like a 403)... Not a shaft drive, chain drive to rear wheel and another shorter chain, and a belt sheave I just want to rebuild it well enough to haul game...