Search results

1. 4

coleman seats

I sat on some new ex models and it feels like ill roll off the back of the seat. it bends over. I like the bt200 but cant find one to sit on before I order. do they sit like the ex. I'm used to the baja heat seat which is really comfortable but not supported well the plastic pan flexes.
  2. 4

heat spark plug

whats a plug # for a baja heat with the stock engine. thank you
  3. 4

massimo

I saw a Massimo in person today. it looked decent. I like it better than a bt200x. the rear axle tab on the coleman isn't very strong for an off road bike. the Massimo is a gusset type.
  4. 4

super bronc vt8

there is a complete heald super bronc vt8 on Lehigh valley/ Clinton nj craigslist.
  5. 4

baja heat valve adjustment

I have a baja heat with stock engine. what is the valve specs and procedure. do these hold adjustment , or should they be checked often. I start mine during winter storage and it doesn't seem to have much compression but seems to run well. thanks for any info.
  6. 4

heat valve specs

I have a baja heat black/flames not sure what year these were , it has the original engine. are these valves adjustable? if so what are the specs and procedure. thanks for the help, great site.
  7. 4

torque converter in wet conditions

I ride a lot off-road , crossing water ,mud, in rain etc. how do these perform when wet? I know my sled wont even move after I wash it . building an enclosed cover like an atv would hold in a lot of heat and belt dust I would think.
  8. 4

trailmaster

does anyone have a picture of a full suspension trailmaster without the fake gas tank on it. I know they are marketed under some other names also.
  9. 4

warrior/heat headlamp question

I removed the big stock headlamp, and put on 2 small led running lamps from auto-zone. they aren't any brighter than the dim stock one. are these bikes 6 volt?, or just don't put out enough current. I noticed most people run the rechargeable type. thank you.
  10. 4

heat VIN number

my Baja heat 10th digit is a 7. did they build these in 07? were the early ones known for any recalls or frame problems .
  11. 4

bad dog frames

did anyone build a bad dog bike. the specs are 1" tubing .083 wall thickness. is that comparable to u.s. vintage quality? are they built here or china?
  12. 4

bad dog frames

did anyone build a bad dog bike. the specs are 1" tubing .083 wall thickness. is that comparable to u.s. vintage quality? are they built here or china?
  13. 4

heat / warrior jack shaft system

is the secondary gear sprocket supposed the slide on the shaft when the nut is tight? my nut was loose, but even when tightened I can move the outer gear around. the inner one that drives the wheel looks like it has a built in key?, and the outer uses a separate key? thanks for everyones help.
  14. 4

warrior/heat frames

do these frames ever bend or break anywhere . ive seen the red coleman and the newer camo ones break. im heavy and don't know if I want to spend for a cvt and performance upgrades if it wont hold up.
  15. 4

baja front wheel

is there a known to work straight/true front 10" wheel that will fit the warrior/heat bikes. something more narrow than stock. I assume I could use spacers?
  16. 4

speedway tires

this 71 scarab has speedway tires on it. the front is 90% rear 75% soft and no dry rot, hard to believe. still hold air. I don't want to use them as I think they are valuable to someone doing a correct restoration? I think they are 3.5-10 speedway moto-cross.
  17. 4

speedway parts

where could I find any info or parts for the steering neck bearing/bushing? for a 71 speedway scarab. I also need whatever spacers are used on the rear wheel axle. also a seat. thank you.
  18. 4

speedway

I bought what I think is a speedway scorpion. I,ll have someone post photos, I don't know how. I,ll look for numbers on the frame. the telescopic forks are off but there. did they use bearings or bushing in the steering neck? its got rear susp. also and a driven torque converter. I can see...
  19. 4

19x7.0-8 tire

what is a good replacement rear tire for the heat/warrior series. thank you. I was thinking the kenda scorpion?
  20. 4

Yamaha bw80

does anyone ride a bw80. im looking to replace my Baja heat with something with full suspension. just wondering if an adult [overweight and old] can ride them.