Search results

1. brettdn

Will a horizontal shaft B&S camshaft fit in a vertical engine?

I have a old 1981 dated Briggs 3hp flathead engine mounted on a lawnmower that I am planning to restore in the summer, I have a more modern Briggs lawnmower but I figured I would like to rebuild the old flathead and keep on using that. I would like to put a small cam in it but I don't see a lot...
  2. brettdn

What head gasket will I need for a 7hp Powerfist engine?

I have a 7hp Powerfist engine like it says in the title but after making a post awhile ago apparently the 7hp just have a bigger bore or piston and I am curious if a stock GX200 head gasket is big enough or will I need an oversize? The CC is 208 on this engine. I took the head off already and I...
  3. brettdn

Can I keep the governor with my Billet internals install?

I have a Powerfist 7hp and I just finished installing the billet flywheel and rod but I am just curious if removing the governor is optional? Like is it possible to rev the motor to say 5600rpm or will it actually restrict the rpm? I don't know if I am explaining this clearly enough but if you...
  4. brettdn

Question about Princess Auto motors?

Well after owning my first mini bike I am ready to build another one, I decided to go with a clone instead of a genuine Honda just so I can more money for other things on the project. I want to know if the stuff sold on OldMiniBikes Warehouse will fit a Power fist engine? I am mainly focused on the air...
  5. brettdn

Jet Size needed for a very mild GX160

I recently installed OldMiniBikes's 8 inch header and angled air filter on my GX160, I already have a 140 emulsion tube and a .36 jet installed and the motor runs fine but the spark plug is really black and I am assuming it is running rich, this was both tested on a NGK BRP6ES and an Autolite AR3910X...