Search results

1. ReapersRide

Can an engine from a chipper shredder be refitted to run a clutch?

I have the 1 inch clutch, but the crank shaft on my Briggs and Stratton 6.5 engine is tapered for an impellors. It is much smaller than 1 inch in 1998 the engine was on a chipper shredder. I need a crank with a crank cam gear that reaches the cam shaft gear. The numbers on the blower housing are...
  2. ReapersRide

Can an engine from a chipper shredder be refitted to run a clutch?

I have a nice 6.5 Engine off a chipper shredder that the impellor exploded on it. Can the crank be changed to run a clutch for a mini bike or go kart ? Any advice please? Reaper
  3. ReapersRide

Tecumseh HS40 Carb Adjustments and Tuning?

Thank You both, I hope to get these bikes running for FOX'S FIFTYTH ANAVERSERY Reaper
  4. ReapersRide

Tecumseh HS40 Carb Adjustments and Tuning?

Anyone know what the procedure is to Adjust and Tune a Tecumseh HS40 Engine Appreciate any advice. Reaper
  5. ReapersRide

2 speed clutch

I bought it. Is on my Fox Mini Bike currently. I no longer have image space to post photos. Fox Fiftyth Anniversary while be here shorty. Reaper
  6. ReapersRide

Tecumseh hs 40 Lighted Coil condensers role?

Yeah I would have loved to pin point the issue. But I put out the money for the refurbishment. So I'll just set the old parts aside and check em later. I like the strong jolt of the fresh components. Though I won't be using the coil on the block I was testing it on. I now can say I know how to...
  7. ReapersRide

I also agree the engine may need timed. Reaper
  8. ReapersRide

I agree too many times I bought engine parts or tore down an engine to see missing paint or bare metal parts. My plan is to paint the entire block. Then follow up by painting parts Such as the baffles before applying them. I don't assume this is the factory way but it's my way. Reaper
  9. ReapersRide

So I finally got my points and condenser, guess what? I have spark on the plug. Now I need to decide do I want to paint my new Tecumseh hs 40 block before I assemble it? Reaper
  10. ReapersRide

I am currently a waiting a condenser and points set to go with my new coil part. If usps would quit jacking a round they were supposed to be here two days ago. Reaper
  11. ReapersRide

Today I connected an Ohm Meter to the condenser. Just to check for continuity and no response at all. Although I did the skin test and there's current flowing. Just no spark on any plug I connect, I used new plugs, old plugs from Tec four HP. I can't figure out why this coil won't fire? Reaper
  12. ReapersRide

You've just blasted what I've always believed what was the condensers role in the ignition. I always thought the condensers role was to store the electrical charge until the points open. At this point the charge was released to the spark plug. Reaper
  13. ReapersRide

Is there a way to test this component? Reaper
  14. ReapersRide

What role does the condenser play in the creation of an ignition spark On the Tecumseh hs 40? Reaper
  15. ReapersRide

HS40 Tecumseh engine parts look up

Now mind you they will not have things like the lighted flywheel or lighted coil. Nor the extended crank shaft, those were made under specific contracts with Rupp and Fox. Also blower housing aren't there either, I need two' I'll probably have to buy parts engines to get them. Reaper
  16. ReapersRide

HS40 Tecumseh engine parts look up

@ Scott1961 Here's the links to Parts Tree https://www.partstree.com/parts/tecumseh/engines-horizontal-4-cycle-engine/hs40-55266b-tecumseh-4-cycle-horizontal-engine/engine-parts-list-1/ And Jacks Small Engines...
  17. ReapersRide

Fox Street Scamp Exhaust

You have someone in fabrication that can do a chain guard? I was going to attempt to do some thing with diamond plate. Reaper
  18. ReapersRide

Fox Street Scamp Exhaust

Oh very much so. I had to build a faux campus FX from reject parts. I was wanting it to be Authentic but it was not meant to be. Reaper
  19. ReapersRide

Fox Street Scamp Exhaust

I know it's a shame, back when he first posted this item. I was over extended on my PayPal account. When my account was cleared he disappeared. Such Is life I guess. Reaper
  20. ReapersRide

OldMiniBikes method of payment?

Yeah gumpit thanks My order is in Reaper