Search results

1. ReapersRide

Can an engine from a chipper shredder be refitted to run a clutch?

I have a nice 6.5 Engine off a chipper shredder that the impellor exploded on it. Can the crank be changed to run a clutch for a mini bike or go kart ? Any advice please? Reaper
  2. ReapersRide

Tecumseh HS40 Carb Adjustments and Tuning?

Anyone know what the procedure is to Adjust and Tune a Tecumseh HS40 Engine Appreciate any advice. Reaper
  3. ReapersRide

Tecumseh hs 40 Lighted Coil condensers role?

What role does the condenser play in the creation of an ignition spark On the Tecumseh hs 40? Reaper
  4. ReapersRide

HS40 Tecumseh engine parts look up

@ Scott1961 Here's the links to Parts Tree https://www.partstree.com/parts/tecumseh/engines-horizontal-4-cycle-engine/hs40-55266b-tecumseh-4-cycle-horizontal-engine/engine-parts-list-1/ And Jacks Small Engines...
  5. ReapersRide

OldMiniBikes method of payment?

Does Old Mini Bike take PayPal?
  6. ReapersRide

part number please

Can someone please tell me the correct part number for a Tecumseh HS-40 non lighted aluminum fly-wheel. Thank you.
  7. ReapersRide

Why A Knight Helmet?

I doubt anyone knows or even cares. But can someone shed light on why Fox placed a Knights Helmet on the fuel Tank Sticker of the spoke wheel mini bike? google has no clue. Reaper
  8. ReapersRide

Clutch Bolt Size Please??

Anyone know the Clutch Bolt Dimensions Please?
  9. ReapersRide

Calling all you fox guys!!!!!

So I am thinking of paint colors for a Fox Spoiler. My question is how many spray bombs will I need per coat. My Condor was done at my wife's employers shop but he closed the shop. Reaper
  10. ReapersRide

Need a to find a wheel spacer!!!!!

I am in need of an unaltered wheel spacer for a 10" Fox Spoke Wheel. Please help me complete this bike. Reaper
  11. ReapersRide

HS40 thought, Will it work?

So I've been doing some engine testing. I was wondering if my Tecumseh engine would fire with a lighted flywheel and a non- lighted coil. I have surmised so far no it has a jolt when I hold the plug wire but no spark when connected to the plug. So am I correct in assuming that the Non- lighted...
  12. ReapersRide

HS40 Carburetor issue?

I did the test fire of my HS 40 last week, it was such a joy hearing that engine spark to life. I am vindicated in knowing this engine is worth investing my money and my time into. However when taking it off the test frame my fuel elbow on my float N bowl carburetor came off. What holds the...
  13. ReapersRide

A Question on Lightting Coils

I am preparing to do to fire up my HS40 Lighted Coil Tecumseh tomorrow. So far I've only ran it on starting fluid for a second or two. My Question is, should I be concerned about damaging the lighting circuit by running the engine for an extended period of time or should it have a light...
  14. ReapersRide

Pull for an answer!!!

So I am working on my Vintage HS40 Tecumseh Engine, and my pull start blew apart on me. I went to Ebay and found what I thought was an acceptable replacement pull starter. It even had three dogs on the head so I thought that would be a plus. However when I pulled on the handle I could hear...
  15. ReapersRide

INO a copy of a Fox Mini Bike Owners Manual

Illustrated "FOX" Riders Handbook I need Information on adjustments and such?
  16. ReapersRide

Tecumseh HS40 Question?

Could anyone advise me on what is the ring lobbed object is call that runs the points on the HS40 Tecumseh engine? Thnk you for your time. Reaper
  17. ReapersRide

1973 Montgomery Wards Silver Streak Go Kart

Does anyone have photos, brochures or Intel on a 1973 Montgomery Wards Silver Streak Go Kart. My daughter is thinking of doing a deal on one Thank you for any information. Reaper
  18. ReapersRide

How much is too much?

Ok so I need lubrication info on the Fox/Tecumseh combo? I am using a late 90's vintage Tecumseh 3 HP engine on my Fox Condor Mini Bike. My question is how much oil to use? I don't wish to starve my cylinder walls of oil. But on the other hand, I don't wish to drowned my combustion chamber with...
  19. ReapersRide

Posting a build thread?

So I was thinking of posting a project log on an Efenel mini along with a separate assembling of a Fox Condor mini. However I have been attempting to post a photo of my Rupp Chaparral in the go cart section. I found I can not post any, I do not under what quota I could be over. Nor do I have...
  20. ReapersRide

110 Racing fuel?

So I was wondering if there is any benefits to using 110 Racing Fuel in either. 1. A stock Briggs 5 HP Engine? Or 2. A 5 HP Briggs Racing Engine (aka The Raptor). Or is it like using premium fuel in cars a waste of money? Reaper