Search results

1. doodlebug6.5

Baja Doodlebug Predator 212

Baja doodle bug with mild predator Hemi has BSP 3 cam intake jetted carb and header 275 obo Text 8146945105 I can send pics
  2. doodlebug6.5

Predator 212 Hemi Ticking noise

Have a predator 212 hemi mild build bsp3 cam intake and header it makes a weird ticking noise idling, I know it's not a knock when I opened it up the rod was tight like it should be motor is basically new it runs very healthy and it did make the noise when I first bought it. I'm thinking valve...
  3. doodlebug6.5

Dead spot in Carb

Want a little more torque and the stock carb is jetted but seems to have no response down low. The motor is a 6.5 Honda clone 196cc I believe, the motor has a small cam bp2 cam and a .10 over bsp rod. Motor has good mid range torque but I would love to be able to break traction as soon as I hit...
  4. doodlebug6.5

Getting Closer

5. doodlebug6.5

Cam Wear? Bad or Normal

/If you can see from the pics the Exhaust lobe has very light scratches, is this normal cam ware? Running 22lb valve springs with stock rockers. Bp2 Cam and the suggested valve spring is 26lb. Had the cam for few months now so could have 15 hours on it. Thanks.
  6. doodlebug6.5

Predator 212 Engine

Used parts Carb, tank, Block, Decent shape thanks
  7. doodlebug6.5

Where to buy Predator 212 .10 over or .20 piston?

Where do I buy over bore piston? it can be flat top hemi doesnt matter I was on OldMiniBikes last night and saw that they had some in stock now cant find it. Im looking for something cheap. Thanks
  8. doodlebug6.5

Leaky Carb issues

I rebuilt the predator 212 that was smoking and had a little blow by, and it runs much much better, but there is always something that goes wrong. I bought a cheap carb off ebay and it ran too rich with the .37 jet so switch it out with a .35 now having a issue with the carb leaking down the...
  9. doodlebug6.5

Blow By? Predator 212 smoke coming from valve cover breather

Alright guys I cam across something today that I have been worried about. My Predator 212 has seem to have lots of blow by. Its been smoking a lot and when I shut down the engine in just pull the cord slowly it puff smoke out the pipe. Im not running valve oil seals could this be the issue...
  10. doodlebug6.5

How do I know I need a valve job?

Well I had the head off cleaning and putting different valve springs in. I cleaned most of the carbon off and polished it up. After that it felt like it had a great compression it was running strong. But after today its easy to pull over and doesn't seem to have as much compression, with a...
  11. doodlebug6.5

Help Tuning Tillotson Hl166

Anyone know how to tune these? I can get it to idle, but once I hit the throttle it bogs out. Sometimes if I ease into I can hit higher rpms. I tried a richer low speed but I still cant get it. Thanks
  12. doodlebug6.5

Anyone run the Tillotson Hl166?

I bought this carb off ebay for cheap money. The bore is about .625 which is a little bigger than stock. With 1.3 ratio rockers, 14cc head, and a bp2 cam with 22lb springs. Will it run good? Will it just flood the cylinder idling? I heard thats what the Tillotson carbs do.
  13. doodlebug6.5

Want more Throttle respone

Bigger Carb? I was thinking about the gx390 carb. Mods: 14cc Head, 1.3 ratio rockers, bp2 cam, 22lb springs, header, and open air filter
  14. doodlebug6.5

BP2 Grind cam Valve Spring Help

I have this cam installed and it makes good power but seems a little lacky played with jetting and everything. Im only running 18lb springs, should I upgrade to 26lb springs? Will this wake it up a little bit?
  15. doodlebug6.5

BP2 Grind cam

So I took some time and decided to go with this cam, I figured it wold be a good combination with the 14cc head. What do you guys think? Im going to run 18lb springs now till I order the 26lb springs. I have a jetted carb with a sick dual piped header. I will have to post pics and vids of it, it...
  16. doodlebug6.5

Idle jet set up tips?

Low Speed Jet Bored (.022) With O-rings I am planning to buy this idle jet for a richer idle and better performance in the mid range. Anyone mess with theses? Is it worth it? Thanks
  17. doodlebug6.5

Black Mamba Jr cam idle?

Can you tell a difference in idle and sound with this cam just curious thanks
  18. doodlebug6.5

Black Mamba Jr cam?

Is this a good cam for torque and mid range power? Also should I upgrade to different carb? Does it sound good? Just curious because I am wanting to buy one seem like a lot of people like these cams. Thanks
  19. doodlebug6.5

Sorry for posting so much, but have another problem

Everything was installed on my predator 212 I put the 14cc head on and everything is complete. The engine has very little compression. What is going on both valves are opening. Are they not sealing? My lash is set at .003 for both valves. Havent even tried to start it yet.