Search results

1. NorCal

My New Kart Racing Channel (LO206)

If you guys are into this sort of thing, I started a Youtube channel on my entry into Lo206 kart racing. I do not claim to be an expert in anything, whether it be kart racing or making YouTube video’s. But if it pleases the court . . . I race with a bunch of other military veterans, so the...
  2. NorCal

Engines you’d love to play with but haven’t yet . . .

So with my kart racing habit, and the fact that I have two daughters also getting into the sport ($$$) I have an excess of Briggs Lo206 motors and I can’t stop thinking about putting one on a mini bike build. I also race with a class that uses the Japanese built Subaru Robin engines, which are...
  3. NorCal

Hot Rod Engine Build Thread . . . (Show them off here)

Doesn't matter what make or model of engine your building, if you have a hot rod engine project, post it here:
  4. NorCal

Mini Bike Memes and Funnies . . .

5. NorCal

Got me a new kart today

2018 TB Kart S55 (roller) no engine. Its a start . . .
  6. NorCal

Any of you folks into go kart racing?

I recently signed up for Kartpulse.com and it dawned on me that some of the members here might be on that forum too, as mini bike's v. go karts go hand in hand (somewhat). Like I said I've recently caught the bug for go kart racing, I was just wondering if anyone here was into that sort of...
  7. NorCal

Can you ID this Briggs?

So appearly I have this uncanny ability to find engines with no serial numbers on them (its a gift I guess). This 5hp I picked up 5 years ago and it ran when parked (don't they all) but now I have no spark. I sanded on the flywheel and the magneto and I still have no spark. So I figured I need a...
  8. NorCal

Looking for events in N. Florida/ S. Georgia . . .

If anyone knows of an events past (that might reoccur) or present please let me know. Shows Get togethers Races Whatever . . . Thanks
  9. NorCal

Anyone own one of the newer Frijole mini bikes?

I'm wondering how the build quality of these compare to the old Taco Frijole? Considering one since they're American made.
  10. NorCal

How to ID this H30?

Looked everywhere and I could not find a VIN or serial number anywhere. How can I ID this thing so I order the correct parts for restoration?
  11. NorCal

Talk me out of this . . . Gambler 500

So when I lived in the PNW there was this rally called Gambler 500 where people take the biggest POS vehicle and take it off road. It was a combination of comedy and humility as everyone cheers everyone on, no matter how bad their vehicle is. (The worse the vehicle, the more pumped people...
  12. NorCal

Finding old mini bikes . . .

Finding mini bikes is extremely hit or miss. Either you have someone who wants a ton of money for them, or you find people just giving them away. What is the best venue you've find for finding reasonably priced mini bikes now that Craigslist has dried up a died? I gave Marketplace a chance, but...
  13. NorCal

The Official Bonanza Mini Bike Thread . . .

Anyone with a vintage Bonanza, post your mini bike or project bike here! I'll start I working from a $15 garage sale find that I picked up several years ago. Its not much, but its a start!
  14. NorCal

Anyone here a vintage engine hoarder?

I have always had an affinity for old gas engines. Years ago I purchased my first engine, a 1970's 5hp B&S. I really didn't have any plans for it at the time. Now I find myself hunting for cool engines for mini bike projects, or just an engine because I think their cool. Anyone here in the same...
  15. NorCal

History of the Taco Mini Bike (Video)

History of the Taco Mini Bike.
  16. NorCal

History of the Doodlebug Mini Bike (video)

Neat video on the history of the company, who knew that's how they got their name, lol.
  17. NorCal

What am I look at here?

Been passively looking for a mini bike but inventory in my area isn't the greatest. Found this mini bike but I have no idea what it is. If anyone with more experience than I do knows, I'm all ears. Planning on possibably picking it up tomorrow. Sorry for the poor picture quality.
  18. NorCal

So what are you welding with? (Post your set up here)

I don't weld often, but when I do (usually when doing WW2 Jeep Stuff) I have pleantly to do. I would never claim to be a professional, just a hack/ garage hobby welder. But here is my set-up: (Both are factory reconditioned units to save coin) - Hobart 210MPV (Multi Volt-Plug 220/110V) -...
  19. NorCal

New Project- New to Vintage Mini Bikes

I picked up what I believe is a Bonanza 1100 frame and now I'm searching for a rear wheel w/ sprocket. Any leads on where I can get one without paying through the nose? I picked up a front wheel (5 inch) so I'm looking for a similar size for the rear.