Search results

1. briggsnstratrod

DB30 Problems

I got $40 for my used motor with a leaking carb gasket, just depends if the right person is looking. IMO I would keep it for a future project or even just to take apart and reassemble for small engine experience. It isn't often you get to play with a motor you don't need. :detective:
  2. briggsnstratrod

1972 Speedway Widow Maker

mini one, I know this is an off topic question but I saw one of your older threads about looking for places to ride.. You ever find anything decent down your way?
  3. briggsnstratrod

new minibike addict

I finally got those dang springs and I'm loving the ride now, I went the cheap route for now but I'm keeping your setup in mind for sure.. posted the pics on that thread
  4. briggsnstratrod

Original DB30 seat suspension question

Finally got the springs delivered and used some strut I had laying around the garage for the hinge and despite looking a little crude, I couldn't be happier with the result. I mounted the springs on the existing seat mount and it seems to be at the perfect spot to not make the springs too stiff...
  5. briggsnstratrod

Doodle Bug + Predator 212 = Hauling A$$

Ahh yes, the feeling of first getting on the bike after putting the 212 in and pinning it, pure joy and terror lol. :scared:
  6. briggsnstratrod

Nice I definitely like your guys setup better but did mounting that mono shock require cutting and/or welding or did you utilize part of the frame?
  7. briggsnstratrod

new minibike addict

Thanks guys, still need to get a header and air filter on there along with the jet upgrades and hydraulic brakes but its come a long way and loved restoring it. I guess one mans junk really is another man treasure haha.
  8. briggsnstratrod

Yeah I'm thinking that style suspension will be my plan B, I figure if I try something cheap first and it doesn't work at least I learned something, and if it does work, well that's even better. Either way Ill post the results and some pics once they arrive next week. Thanks for the good...
  9. briggsnstratrod

As anyone who rides a DB30 off road knows, the ride is pretty rough and does a number on your back after riding for a while. So I have been searching through the forum for people who have added seat springs to their doodlebugs and it doesn't seem like its a very popular modification. I don't...
  10. briggsnstratrod

new minibike addict

Hey there everyone, been following the forum for some time and finally got my darn registration code to work so I can start posting away. This whole thing got started when I picked up an old beat up original doodlebug that did run for 125$ on craigslist just for a project. Once I got it...