Search results

1. Strigoi

Awesome surprise when I got home from work today

Had a missed Ring notification and there were several people milling around outside my house. I saw one write a note and leave it on my front door. I was very curious as to what it was about. As I was pulling up to my house, I noticed my wife's Dakota was at an angle. Some lady plowed into it...
  2. Strigoi

FREE - 3.5 Briggs and 3.5 Tecumseh flatheads

I got these for free and have no use for them. If you're local and want them PM me. The Briggs engine was a runner when it was given to me. I didn't try it, but the guy I got it from (one of my bosses) sent me a video of his kid riding the Cat it came off of a few weeks before he gave it to me...
  3. Strigoi

Tell your spouse you love them

Lost my wife Thursday morning unexpectedly. She was at work and had a heart attack, nothing could have been done (per the coroner her aorta basically exploded). She worked dispatch for the Sheriff's department and it happened an hour before the end of her shift. They started CPR on her...
  4. Strigoi

3.5hp Briggs and 3.5hp Tecumseh engines for sale

3.5hp Briggs flathead. It should run and I have video of it in a minibike from a few weeks before I received it. I drained the gas and haven't bothered messing with it at all. It comes with the clutch. 3.5hp Tecumseh H35 engine. No idea if it runs. It has compression. $100 for the Briggs, $60...
  5. Strigoi

Scored a couple of free engines today

One of my bosses at work had these in his garage and no longer wanted them. One is a 3.5hp Briggs that runs and the other is a Tecumseh (currently not running) that I'm guessing is 3hp-4hp. No idea what I'm going to do with them, but they're flatheads and they were free. Worst case they're...
  6. Strigoi

3 Disc Clutch - 3/4" bore #35 chain

Got this clutch in trade from a friend. I'm 99% sure it's a Viper brand clutch (one of the many Bully knock-offs). It's for a 3/4" shaft and has a 13t sprocket for #35 chain on it. It uses Bulley sprockets. He had it on his drag bike and never had an issue with it. The drag scene around here was...
  7. Strigoi

Cat Eliminator survivor

One of my bosses picked up this Cat Eliminator on Saturday for $500. It's obviously missing the original engine, but that's about it. Currently not running and in nice, mostly original shape. If anyone has a correct 4hp Tecumseh for it let me know. He may be interested. He bought it off the...
  8. Strigoi

EC Carbs 236 stroker kit w/ Tillotson block, Briggs PVL coil and 28mm Mikuni flat slide

New EC Carbs 236 stroker kit (comes with crank, rod, piston) Tillotson 72mm block - used, I'd give it a light hone, other than that ready to go New Briggs PVL coil Barely used 28mm Mikuni flat slide carb (I bought it new) $500 plus shipping. Located in Richmond, CA (SF Bay Area). Selling...
  9. Strigoi

Beer thread

Post up those beers! My wife picked up some beers for me at the fancy beer store last weekend. North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin XXIV was the standout. I need more of it. BA review: https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/112/628181/?ba=LiquidAmber
  10. Strigoi

Found a use for worn out minibike tires

My dog thinks they're the best toy ever. She's obsessed with that one now and has played with it for hours today.
  11. Strigoi

Ruttman / Harrison roller for sale

Selling my Ruttman / Harrison roller. The frame is/was a Ruttman and the front end is off a Harrison. It's far from perfect and has been welded on a bunch. Has a brand new 6" Azusa Tri-Star front wheel with a new Carlisle tire. It's also running a brand new rear slick. Just trying to free up...
  12. Strigoi

Custom drag minibike roller

Custom drag minibike roller. The frame was built by a fabricator friend of mine and is 1 of 1 (he built his own bike from scratch that he ran at Bonneville). He took things he liked from different drag frames and came up with this one. It's running a DWT 10" jr. dragster front wheel with a 6x6...
  13. Strigoi

Help with 5hp Briggs side cover bearing removal

I've got a 5hp Briggs that I just started tearing down for a mild build. This is my first time building a flathead, so I kind of have no idea what I'm doing. Plans are billet parts, a mild cam and carb. Upon tear down, I found out that the engine already had a copper head gasket, dual valve...
  14. Strigoi

Installed the GPS leading link front end on my DB30

Decided to try something different and picked up the GPS leading link front suspension to try on my DB30. I also added the 12" mini apes. I've only ridden it up my street a couple of times, so I don't have much time on it yet. So far it feels good and the front end isn't floppy at all. It does...
  15. Strigoi

Probably a good thing I quit driving the car...

I knew my wagon needed new front tires. It's been lowered and I never bothered to get it aligned since it tracked straight. It does chew threw the inside of the tires though. I decided to quit driving it this week since I had tires come in and finally pulled the wheels off today. I got fucking...
  16. Strigoi

5hp Briggs to 22mm Mikuni carb intake manifold

Anyone know where to get an intake manifold to run a 22mm Mikuni on a 5hp Briggs flathead? The only place I found selling them is Studz and they're showing they're on backorder. Apparently they make them and I'm guessing they're not a top selling item, so who knows when they'll have more...
  17. Strigoi

After way too long, finally finished the Ducar 212 MM80

Been slowly messing with this one for well over a year at this point. It was a mellow build so my wife would have something to ride with me. It's an MM80 with a Ducar 212 swap. It's running a billet rod, flat top piston and 22mm Chikuni with a header/RLV silencer setup. I took it for a little...
  18. Strigoi

Finally painted my drag setup

Finally got around to painting my drag setup. It had been bare metal for long enough. I like how it came out.
  19. Strigoi

Some fresh paint and new tires for the 'ol DB30

Painted it satin magenta (it's NOT pink, lol) and put some SunF 145/70-6 tires on it. It's got a 212 Predator in it with the billet parts, .272 cam, flat top piston and a 24mm Mikuni flat slide carb. Running 12/70 gearing right now, so it gets up pretty damn good. Not my fastest bike, but...
  20. Strigoi

New family member

This little girl showed up in our life unexpectedly. My wife works for the Sheriffs Dept. and they responded to a call of an abandoned mom dog and a couple of puppies. Unfortunately the other puppy didn't make it and we ended up with this little terror. Last we heard they're still looking for...