Search results

1. smudvapor

Timing problem?

Hi guys. This one has me a little stumped. I have an Intek 6.5hp horizontal engine. When I got it, it would pop but not start. It sounded like timing to me so I pulled the engine open and checked the timing marks. The cam was 180 out. I put the cam back in the correct place and it does the...
  2. smudvapor

Build-Off 2024?

Is anyone thinking about getting the Build-Off going again?
  3. smudvapor

Mini Bike for Raffle Project Needed

A couple of years ago my students restored and raffled off a Trail Horse mini bike. I have a great bunch of students this year who expressed an interest in having another raffle so I am looking for an inexpensive bike for them to rebuild and raffle off. I am located in the Youngstown, Ohio...
  4. smudvapor

Promark Trike Build

As most of you know, one of the projects the students do in my program is building a minibike. This year I wanted to do something different so I brought in a Promark Trike for them to build. This is my other 7th-grade class. There are nine students in this class. They started about two weeks...
  5. smudvapor

Trail Horse Help needed

Does anyone know where the spacers go on the wheels for a Trail Horse GTO-100? We have three spacers the same size and one smaller. I am trying to figure out the front or back and which side. Also, where does the kickstand spring mount on the frame? There isn't a tab on ours. There never...
  6. smudvapor

Tecumseh Engine Wanted

Would anyone happen to have a 2.5 HP Tecumseh from the early 70s they would sell? I would prefer it be running but as long as it is complete I would be good. It is for a Trail Horse Project. Thanks.
  7. smudvapor

Timing Help!!!

I am rebuilding an H25 from 1967. There is no timing mark on the crank and there are no beveled teeth on it either. I tried lining the timing mark on the cam to the tooth on the crank that is lined up with the key but the engine will not start. It will pop now and then but won't start. I...
  8. smudvapor

Briggs 5hp help needed

I picked up a 5hp Briggs, Model 130202. It didn't have a spark so I checked it out and the coil wire was cut. I went ahead and replaced the coil and the points. Everything is set correctly by the book. I have checked it about 5 times and I'm not getting any spark. What am I missing?
  9. smudvapor

FOUND!!! WANTED: Trail Horse Rear Brake

I am looking for the plate that goes on the rear of the frame that holds the brake band and cable. I think the model I have is a GT-110 but I am not sure. If you have one that you would sell that would be great but if you have one that you could take some measurements of so I can fabricate...
  10. smudvapor

Sears Runabout Seat

Can anyone give me the dimensions of the original seat on a 1967 Sears Runabout? Thanks
  11. smudvapor

Swing arm bushings

Does anyone know where to get swing arm bushings? If I measure the hole in the swing arm it is 7/8 and the bolt is 3/8. Everything I find is in mm and not really a good fit in my opinion. They are for a Coleman Sport Bike.
  12. smudvapor

What brand of bike is this?

I have seen them before but I can't remember who made them.
  13. smudvapor

Really ROUGH Ruppster

I already have two Ruppster's and I don't have space for this one so I need to sell it. It is really rough. Some time in its life someone really modified the heck out of it. It has a good rear end and steering. That is about it. I would like $100 for it. Someone come get it. The city...
  14. smudvapor

Looking for a picture of a part.

Can anyone post a picture of the chain guard on a 1967 Sears Runabout? I have been searching everywhere and I can't find one. Thanks.
  15. smudvapor

Participating in the OldMiniBikes Build-Off and how it has helped my program.

As many of you know, I am a teacher. I teach grades 7-12. My program focuses on helping “at-risk students”. At-risk doesn’t necessarily mean “bad” it just means that there may be some things going on in their life that put them at risk of dropping out of school and often times it is not...
  16. smudvapor

Connecting rod question

I have an HS-50 67167c that I am rebuilding for a Bird Baja. I put it back together this morning and when I turn the crank the connecting rod hits the camshaft. I checked my part numbers and the rod I bought is what Jacks Small Engines says it should take. Has anyone else had that problem? I...
  17. smudvapor

Need some help

Are there any members near Appleton, Wisconsin? I need a little help with something if you can do it. Thanks.
  18. smudvapor

Need some Briggs help

I have a 4 hp Briggs that is on the Model 404 Tote Gote that my students put together for the build off. The engine ran great on the bench. Since it was installed into the bike it will only start with full throttle and will only run with full throttle but it runs like it is holding back and...
  19. smudvapor

Some people just don't get it or just don't care.

Here is a great one for all of you. I was scanning the Facebook Marketplace yesterday. (Like I always do.) I found a really nice 1988 Ford Ranger. My favorite truck. (Keep your opinions to yourself, this is my story) I messaged the owner and she said that it was still available, that it had...