Search results

1. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

Bringing this back from the cold dead threads of this forum. After years of “not working” on this mini monster I finally finished it, my kids decided they wanted the pink truck body instead of the Jeep one. With weeks of me looking at videos and asking several people, I decided to take a whack...
  2. Possom point

Murray Track 2 Disc brake upgrade?

what did your wheels and tires come off of? Scooter? That’s a really nice hammered paint job on the frame and wheels. Also good set up for the disc brakes.
  3. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

It definitely isn’t!!!!! The fumes can make you sick, I ground off and wire wheeled the galvanized coating, but that doesn’t always get it out. i forgot about using chemicals like acid, vinegar can also do wonders with some metals. I’ll try to remember that next time, buying solid steel...
  4. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

Made an exhaust for it, need to burn off the galvanized coating to paint with Hi temp black paint
  5. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

So I have swapped out the old Briggs for the 7hp electric start Duramax engine and a new torque converter......... the Briggs motor still runs but wanted something new. As I said before the original owner did some chop shop stuff to this including the wiring and other things. So I’m trying to...
  6. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

So after a year and some change I got back on the mini monster, with some additional things.......
  7. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

Good eye !! Not yet, I did think about this today when riding it, about getting my head split open from a china flywheel. I’m going to put a spring or something the hold the arm from being free soon, today was a test to make sure everything is working good, I do plan on modding this hemi...
  8. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

Got it hooked up and it worked right!!!!!! This thing HALLS!!!!!!!!! I was able to do donuts in my drive way with it. Felt like a kid again for sure. Within time I’m going to change the red driven spring to a yellow stiffer spring.
  9. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

So after research I think I figured out a solution, seeing as motorcycle throttle cables have about an 1/8” thick by maybe 3/16-1/4 long cast metal piece on the end of the cable that grabs the slide to go up and down. I think what I did here will work. I tried casting a lead ball on the end...
  10. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

More progress......so my other issue is the chi-kuni I have. This motor came off my other Murray Track 2 mini bike. Motorcycle style throttle cable....... with this going on the kart I don’t have the ball on the end for the slide to grab...... ANYBODY HAVE IDEAS????????? I’m...
  11. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

Here I was cleaning and wire wheeling the rust of this kart, it was sitting outside for a while. Last pic I got new tires mounted on.
  12. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

So scraped the jackshaft went with a TAV Also got a new seat from GoPowerSports, pretty good seat, had to drill out the seat mounts on the seat frame, no big deal..
  13. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

Dude!!! I have no idea how u found that........but that’s excellent and exciting!!!! Great job. But yes. It it the mini monster model. Looks like a Jeep
  14. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

15. Possom point

Manco Rattler LXT

Hey guys, I picked one of these up last weekend and have started tearing it down. I have taken the Comet Torque converter apart...... so the driver can off easy. The driven...... not so much. Seeing that this has a TAV and the jack shaft. Will a new TAV (whole kit,with backing plate)...
  16. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

Aright guys. I haven’t abandoned the mini monster, just have been to busy to start messing with it, So we’re these originally 1 wheel drive or 2? The guy I bought it from told me “ he put a straight axle on it”. Which when I looked, did not look like a go kart straight...
  17. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

*gearing setup. Not hearing. (“PROOF READ!!!!!!!”)
  18. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

I kno:( ima speed junkie. Just an awesome kart that doesn’t go fast, But no sir. Last time I started and rode it (2015) it ran ok that I remember just was slow. And from the past Briggs that I tinkered with definitely were a pain to get the carb out to clean. I did look at the hearing...
  19. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

Yes sir it is a Fun power engine, that’s good to know about the parts to “amp” up the motor some, I love a flathead sound but haven’t had much experience with rebuilding one, I’ve tried but more or less failed with it, you have a point though, everything is there just a couple extra bonus parts...
  20. Possom point

Carter bros mini monster

So how many of us remember this? I picked this up a few years ago and I think I’m going to finally start working on it. I saw this in a go kart shop when I was a kid (Fastrak go karts). And I fell in love and told myself I had to get one in the future. The chance came and drove 2 hrs...