Search results

1. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

It did a little bit. But I used some valve grinding compound on it mated the to the flywheel and smoothed it out. Made a huge difference. Flywheel fits snug with no movement what so ever.
  2. gwoods27

Tecumseh .010 over HS40 piston assembly

OMG I love that poster in the background
  3. gwoods27

RuppRoadster2 Manual

Good to know!
  4. gwoods27

RuppRoadster2 Manual

Anyone out there have a PDF of a RuppRoadster2 Maintenance Manual Something that contains lubrication points, things to keep an eye on, etc... especially around the TC1 units.
  5. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

If you know where I can get a 3” pto crank for an HS40 cheap, let me know
  6. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

I’ll be taking it back out. I’d like to clean up the cylinder head surfaces. I’ll get some shots of the crank cleaned up
  7. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

Without being torqued down? Yes. A little bit. These cranks are hard to come by. At least that’s been my experience. Usually sell between $150 - $200. So if I can fix it I’d rather go that route.
  8. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

Ok one more question, I was able to aquire a .020 over piston, had the cylinder bored .020 over so, cylinder issue should be resolved. However, looking at the fly wheel and crank mating surfaces, the guy used lock-tite red on it, as well as the threads, when he torqued down the flywheel nut...
  9. gwoods27

Tecumseh Pull Start Cover Alternator For Sale

Got a pic, curious to know what it looks like
  10. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

Agreed, I really need to contact him and see if he’ll make this right.
  11. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

It’s an HS40-55356C Ser: 11590 so 1971? What year did the HS40 have a chrome bore?
  12. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

I know, it’s the first time I ever sent a motor to someone to work on, I was having ignition issues that we’re driving me batty and ended up striping the crank shaft flywheel side threads. It’s for a Rupp roadster2 so I needed a 3” PTO shaft replacement. Sent him the motor and he said the...
  13. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

I know, I do also have the billit forged connecting rod from ARC. Could that have caused the issue? I have a oversized piston I acquired, I’m not sure a .010 over piston will be enough to fix it though. I have someone that can do the boring for me. I just want to make sure I’m not looking...
  14. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

Prob 20 minutes, tops
  15. gwoods27

Oil burning on an HS40

I’ve got an HS40 that I had someone do work on. They said they replaced an exhaust valve, piston rings, honed the cylinder, new lighting flywheel, He said the valve guide looked worn but seemed ok with a the new valve. When running the engine, it always seemed to take a few tries to get it...
  16. gwoods27

H70 Lighting Coil

ok cool, at least I know what to look for now. I’ll test it that flywheel with the coil from my hs40 when it comes
  17. gwoods27

H70 Lighting Coil

Was able to pick this one up Looks similar to the magnet setup I have on my lighted hs40 and hs50.
  18. gwoods27

H70 Lighting Coil

I was able to pick this one up
  19. gwoods27

H70 Lighting Coil

Looking for a lighting coil for an H70 points engine. Anyone know the part #? Can the same coil be used on other engines, like HS50/40 or H60/50 etc…
  20. gwoods27

Tecumseh HS40 oversize piston and correct choke lever etc…

Interested in the .10 over piston PM me