Search results

1. Motra

Minibike For Sale

Unknown brand minibike. As is. $50.00. Pick up only - Salt Lake City, Utah area.
  2. Motra

Trail Horse Minibike For Sale

Trail Horse SS300. Nice condition. No rear wheel or seat. As is. $60.00. Pick up only - Salt Lake City, Utah area.
  3. Motra

Throttle cable linkage B&S 3.5 94202

The governor linkage is gone. The only thing you have there is the throttle butterfly that somebody's added a return spring to. You're right about the carb and tank, it's from a different engine. It looks like an old 5HP setup. Also, looking at the pictures it looks like the bottom carb mounting...
  4. Motra

WTB original Taco Clutch Cover

I have one I'd sell if you're still interested.
  5. Motra

GX series DOM identification?

That is the earliest series of the GX200-QX2. The first S/N range is GCAE-1000001 to 1899999. I'll be able to find out more on Monday.
  6. Motra

GX series DOM identification?

What's the serial number?
  7. Motra

Honda G300 Throttle linkage

As NOS stated, that would be an expensive engine to rebuild and parts availability could be a problem. If you have any questions about parts I could let you know if they've been discontinued or not.
  8. Motra

US Scooter and Minibike Museum

Here's the email: "US Scooter Museum & US Mini-Bike Museum On September 11, 2015 the Museum’s will shut down. I would like to thank all of you that helped make the site what it has become whether it was by furnishing pictures and/or information or just asking questions to find out...
  9. Motra

US Scooter and Minibike Museum

I received an email that said the US Scooter Museum website is going away. That'll be a sad loss.
  10. Motra

Honda GC160 pull start stuck!

It's hydro-locked. Take the spark plug out, put a rag over the spark plug hole, put the shut-off switch in the off position and pull the recoil several times. It will blow oil out with a lot of force so stay clear. Install a new spark plug and you should be good. When you first start it the...
  11. Motra

Kohler XKE Race Engine

Engine is sold. Thank you!
  12. Motra

Kohler XKE Race Engine

There have been a few inquiries by pm too. What's the best way to handle this? First inquiry gets first stab or first to commit gets it?
  13. Motra

Kohler XKE Race Engine

$45.00.
  14. Motra

Kohler XKE Race Engine

NOS Kohler CH6 XKE kart racing engine. Never started. Manuals included. $150.00 plus shipping.
  15. Motra

Engine Mod Help!!

Simply put, a torque converter is an automatic transmission. If you want to see the benefits before purchasing one, go drive your car around in one gear. It'll be pretty obvious that it drives much better with a range of gearing rather than being stuck in one gear only.
  16. Motra

engine size dimensions and hp rating.

Tecumseh covered a range up to 5 HP with what they called their "small frame" and a few HP ratings in their medium frame and a few with their large frame. Briggs too covers a small range with each engine platform. If you're looking to get an 8 to 10 HP engine sized like a 5 HP you won't find it...
  17. Motra

Minibike Shifter 2 speed manual clutches.

The Blazer (similar to a Tote-Gote) had a two speed and the Steens Timberline had a setup like the bike above. Check this thread: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/96832-1963-steens-timberline.html I have a Blazer shifter assembly and a Boonie Bike shifter assembly. I'd...
  18. Motra

engine size dimensions and hp rating.

There are some engines that cover a range of power output with basically the same outer dimensions but there are also different types of engines; flathead vs. OHV, inclined cylinder vs. vertical cylinder, 2-stroke vs. 4-stroke, etc. As a basic rule of thumb, approximately 6 HP or less will fit a...
  19. Motra

Jackshaft Gearing

Your gearing works out to be 47.5249 MPH with not much power (not sure what your engine is though). You could switch the 13T and 17T so you're running 12T to 17T, then 13T to 54T. With this combo you'd be at 27.7914 MPH with more power.