Search results

1. T

Gabrielle (Daniel) Coop's - "G Thang" Motovox MBX10 - (Chinese Class)

Nice!! That's what's it's all about man. Hope she enjoys it.....it will make some great memories for sure for her.
  2. T

COLEMAN CT200U. Torque converter?

My point is they are talking about gas cap issue and not being able to remove it. There is no such issue at all, I don't want it to deter others from doing a TC install, it's a night and day difference.
  3. T

COLEMAN CT200U. Torque converter?

That's an old video, 1.5" raise is WAY to much. There is no issues when raising it 1" whatsoever. A TC is an easy install, just raise and install kit.
  4. T

Trial and error is the name of this game!! Powder coating is going to look sweet!
  5. T

Ahhh ok that's good, I had suggested the offset filler neck on that tank awhile back but you already had the new one. Sometimes they make it easier to fill in tight clearance spots. In your case it would have been outside the frame. So when is the reveal Bday?
  6. T

Do you still have it so the cap is blocked?
  7. T

Coleman CT200U Accessories?

I have a mock up pic in our ct200 group , it's a tight to frame long snake exhaust with muffler.
  8. T

Coleman CT200U Accessories?

Stock gearing I doubt, like you said 10:1...so even removing the governor I think the motor would run out of steam before 35mph. You need the long stretch to get there, like 8:1 minimum, 7.2:1 even better Now that the nice weather is here, I have to take some pics and post them.
  9. T

On this forum, if you don't build a vintage bike nobody inputs feedback. I noticed this so I took my Chinese bike in a group, since it was shunned upon for a sub section, and everyone has positive feedback there. As a father, you know what will make your little girl happy, and although posting...
  10. T

Easy task, Iv done several stems like so.......get a long metal stake. I used a lawn stake from HF I had laying around. Insert it from the top, then angle to assure you touching bottom bearing surface. 1 hard hit with small sledge and out she flies. Now insert stake from bottom and again angle...
  11. T

Mount a flat plate so you can position it 90 degrees, and buy there offset filler tank. It will then be outside the frame.
  12. T

I hear ya, Iv built motors for imports myself since I was a teen. It's just scary to let's say....snap a bolt with a ratchet , then wonder what that bolt would do under a real load. Real cars to mini's are way different but I'd rather not have a rear sprocket come flying off at 3600 rpm or 5k...
  13. T

I don't know, I don't use Chinese bolts that come with it. I don't trust Chinese wheel axles or anything that's a safety issue. Do what you want lol, it's your life. When I'm riding down the road at 40mph I don't have to worry. "Hardware grade" is a grade 2, I didn't suggest that. I said 5 or...
  14. T

I personally wouldn't use anything but grade 5 or higher. Stainless is a very soft metal that shears pretty easy. Maybe a zinc coated bolt or oil and phosphate would help with rust.
  15. T

Problem with mbx11 front suspension

Has anyone rebuilt or taken apart the mbx11 forks??
  16. IMG_4021

IMG_4021

17. T

Gearing with TC questions

yeah I was gonna try 6:1 and see how the TC acted. I use split sprockets so it's easier to change setups. So I'll go for a 10t and 60t like you said.
  18. T

I'm hitting 40mph with a 72t rear, takes a little while to get there but it cruises. Iv done all calculators but that doesn't take the TC into play. I'll start with 6:1 and go from there.
  19. T

On the mini bike I'm running a TC with 19" tires and a ration of 7:2 and it rides good, take off is ok but takes awhile before I hit 40mph. From what Iv read the TC needs to be able to go into overdrive so a 72t worked for that in the rear. It's a cruiser so I'm happy with that. This trike...
  20. T

Need help with selecting tire/wheel size.

The rear wheels had a locking collar welded to each one. I decided to go with a 7" rim with a 16x8-7 tire. Ordered new wheels from BMI