1. C

Gilson/MW XE525

Ended
  2. C

Gilson/MW V424

Ended
  3. C

Gilson/MW XE525

Will assist with ship process but I cannot disassemble due to health reasons.
  4. C

Gilson/MW V424

5. C

Gilson/Widebody

6. C

Gilson/Widebody

New price- $750. This will be the last effort to sell. Thereafter, will be left to my spouse to dispose of.
  7. C

Gilson/MW V424

New price- $650. This will be the last effort to sell. Thereafter, will be left to my spouse to dispose of.
  8. C

Gilson/MW XE525

New price- $850. This will be the last effort to sell. Thereafter, will be left to my spouse to dispose of.
  9. C

New find

^This is what I was told when I found mine- there was no hard product lineup within Gilson/MW. It was whatever parts that where on hand that wound-up on a mini. Aside from what I was told, there is a product tag for the V424. Just because it doesn't show in the ebay-photo copy "manual"...
  10. C

New find

Gilson offered the V424 (small wheel as you call it). I have one for sale and I've seen at least two others.
  11. C

Gilson/Widebody

Torque converter model, belt final. H50, full lighting, rechargeable battery. Heavy bike, more show than go. Used for parades (governor/gearing set for low RPM). $1000, pick-up only Hermosa Beach, SoCal.
  12. C

Gilson/MW XE525

Two-speed model. Lighted H50, period-correct Mesinger seat (OE seat incl.). New carburetor/air cleaner (OE parts incl.). $1250, pick-up only Hermosa Beach, SoCal.
  13. C

Gilson/MW V424

Torque converter model. Lighted HS40, period-correct Mesinger seat (OE seat incl.). Unrestored w/some paint touch-up, new carburetor/air cleaner (OE parts incl.). $850, pick-up only Hermosa Beach, SoCal.
  14. C

Carb Replacement

You haven't been here for any length of time but if you did a search you would find many who have tried to revive original carbs only to fail in the end. It's not entirely an issue of money over brains. You spent more than $15 for your mini didn't you? Personally, I can rebuild a carb with a...
  15. C

Carb Replacement

What would it cost you to "take it to someone"? My guess is more than $15 which will buy a new carburetor on an auction site. For most, it's not worth messing with...
  16. C

Montgomery Wards 525 Serial numbers

This 525 is later than 1970. 989As were not produced in 1970. Production of 1971 could have easily included leftover stock of 1970 Tecumsehs.
  17. C

I will never buy a predator

Yeah, I was going to give my wife a new set of hub caps for Christmas.
  18. C

TAV and fat tires

Didn't say they were bad. I just find it amusing that so many folks have a distaste for squirt-start carbs. If you like a choke plate in the airstream and the chance or two you forget to flip the lever back then go for it.
  19. C

TAV and fat tires

Come again? Where's that drive sprocket suppose to sit?
  20. C

TAV and fat tires

Your primer carb can join all my non-primer carbs in the landfill :)