Search results

1. U

4 Mini Bikes / Engines / Parts Package Deal

Cat 250 70's restored with 1959 2 1/2 hp Briggs. less than 20 minutes on rebuild, bored 10 over. RUNS CCS Charger II 70's Survivor Original Condition except chain Guard RUNS Golden Pinto 70's with 2.5 hp Briggs. RUNS Huffy Hustler # 7 70's Original Condition. RUNS 3 HP Briggs engine -...
  2. U

Huffy Hustler find

Just picked up this 1970 huffy.
  3. U

Thunderbird Original ?

Just picked this up today, I guess it’s a bird not sure of year, I’m guessing 1979 based on serial # on tec?It looks to be original paint. I can’t find a brochure or much on them. If someone has a brochure or any info that would be great. I still can’t take pics Lol. Sry
  4. U

CCS Charger pics and questions

Snagged this so so survivor today off craigslist.i didn't know what it was other than old ( because I am) and got answered in " what is it thread" in minutes. Not sure but the Tec engine tag is telling me that it's 1971 ?? Can anyone tell me what the 12 S stamp on the frame means? I had zero...
  5. U

What is this one ?

can anyone ID this one? Thanks, Mike
  6. U

Rupp and unknown

Anyone know what model Rupp this is? the front wheel was like a 3 star aluminum.. Has the seat base laying next to it.. Shoulda got better pics. Ser# 24927 Also this one has a bolt together weird frame.. Guy says maybe from England ?? I don't have a clue
  7. U

Golden pinto ?.

Just picked this up. Decal looks original. Hunt Wilde peg covers. Scrub brake is good. Grips :chinese: No mfg. tag, but has an L stamped in left side engine plate. It looks like original gold on the bottom then rattle canned blue, then gold again. The shocks say made in Italy . I guess I need...
  8. U

Scored a MTD ! Almost

The story goes like this. My 79 year old mother works at a thrift store auction house( she's a junker also). So she calls me yesterday and says; She . " hey there is a mini bike in the auction truck that just pulled in" Me. " what's it look like? " She. " rusty" Me ." Does it have an...
  9. U

There is a mini bike in that pile!

We'll since I have been on this mini binge, every where I go I'm lookin. That's a mini, there's a mini, I can make a mini out of that. Last weekend I was at a great charity trap and skeet shoot and what do I see? Not a cool old wooden duck boat, but a mini bike engine.. Briggs I/C. 3 hp. The...
  10. U

Rebuild question briggs 2 hp

My first briggs rebuild for my little cat. Model 61102. 2 hp . I had it bored .010 , new piston and rings. Ring gap.011 . Piston to wall .003. This thing is tight! I need a wrench to turn it. Is this normal or am I missing something?
  11. U

Cat 250x parts wtb

I need a clutch/ chain guard and a kickstand. Direction to repop is good also. Thanks
  12. U

Cat 250 project

I got the cat apart and blasted . There were 8 extra holes in the engine plate,Along with wallowed out bolt slots and 7 cracks. I welded it up with my limited ability and 110 volt flux core "splatter box", 4" grinder and a driml. I lopped of the hi way pegs and will spend another afternoon...
  13. U

Couldn't resist!! What is it?

I went to get some gaskets and came home with this.. Any ideas??
  14. U

CAT 250 Resto project help

Hi , thanks for the welcome in the intro forum. Here is my first mini project. I was told it was a cat 250. The foot peg does not look original , but I don't know much other than what I learned here in the last few days. The head has a stamp of 8 d , but the decals look old and say 2 hp. I would...
  15. U

New old guy in Tennessee

Uncle mike here in Nashville. My first mini bike in 30 years, I just got a old one and will post photos so the guys can help me ID it. Great site! Thanks