Search results

1. E

Need to ID a 5 hp Briggs connecting rod.

I just bought a lot of parts from 5 hp Briggs engines. The fellow I bought them from was a go-kart racer at one time. One of the connecting rods has a cast on the cap oil dipper and has a Briggs logo on the rod. Is this rod maybe from a Briggs Raptor engine ? All my current Briggs engine have...
  2. E

Need to ID a Keihin carb.

Last summer i bought a Clinton model 414 engine. On it somebody had made a intake and mounted a Keihin carb on it. It is a slide valve side draft carb. The number stamped on the Keihin carb PE---45BATK. The letters PE are cast into the upper half of the carb and the number 45BATK is stamped on a...
  3. E

Salsbury clutch removel.

A few months ago i bought a Wisconsin AKS engine off a fellow who had a Tote Gote knockoff. The engine came with a large Salsbury clutch on it. I want to remove the clutch, but don't want to destroy it if possible. The clutch appears to be a variable speed unit with a second part it connects to...
  4. E

Old guy, new here.

I am a 32 year retired engine mechanic. My main focus for 40 years was pre 1963 Chevy six cylinder engines. 5 years ago i got real sick and was told by my doctors i may not be here in a few years. I sold my collection of 22 Chevy 6 engines and speed parts for same. I beat my sickness and...