Search results

1. B

2018 Build Off Update!!

I’ve been putting an hour or 2 into this project when I can and when I can get parts or service on the cheap. After 2 years I was able to begin assembly. Had the frame powder coated after I put on a new engine plate, added larger support braces near the stem, lowered the axle mounting holes...
  2. B

Clone Intake Question - Is it Needed?

Hello Everyone I’ve started to put some time back into a Baja project I have. It has a 6.5 clone with electric start. I have a cam and billet rod waiting to be installed once I get the right billet flywheel. I have put a Mikuna 22 carb on it, My question is: Do I need an intake manifold or...
  3. B

Chrome Triple Tree with Shocks for Baja Warrior/Heat

Had the triple tree from my Heat chromed. I decided to change the entire front suspension and never used the chromed part. I'll also include the 2 front shocks and top plate. I'd like to get $70 for the parts plus shipping. That's about the price of new part from OldMiniBikes without the...
  4. B

Baja Heat - Warrior Front Shocks

I have 2 Baja front shocks for a Warrior or Heat. No leaks and they are in good shape. Ive put a new set of forks on my bike so these are available. $30 PLUS SHIPPING from Nashville, TN Ill be posting other Baja parts in the future. Thanks
  5. B

Feedback wanted on ri/tire for 2018 Build Off

Nearing the end of my 2018 Build Off project in the Just for Fun category. I have a bunch of pictures posted under the project Glory Days. Wanted to get feedback on front/tire rim option on the MB 165 frame I started with and customized. Specifically: I updated the old front suspension to a...
  6. B

Predator Pushing Oil Out Valve Cover

My sons Baja Warrior has a new style Hemi and has a breather attached off the valve cover. The line running to the breather is full of oil and is dripping all over. The engine has a billet rod, billet flywheel, Mod 2 cam, 22lbs springs, moly push rods, Mikuni carb and a new rear tire. He...
  7. B

2018 Build Off - Just for Fun - Baja Heat - Glory Days

Submitting in Just for Fun because I started and stopped on this multiple times last year. I have a MB165 frame that I want to use in conjunction with a new Lifan 6.5 electric start clone. In the past I drilled out a hole for the switch on the front frame brace but routing the wiring through...
  8. B

Feedback - Advice - Predator

All: in addition to my Warrior build my son has a Warrior with a new style Hemi Predator engine.Need feedback on plan. He opened up the case this weekend so its time to update the guts. He currently has: TAV - 2, Hot Rod mini bike exhaust, ARC air filter and ARC 615 carb. Ive ordered a...
  9. B

Pedator Build and Advice

Hello everyone: In addition to a Baja Im working on my son has one as well with a new style Hemi Predator. He opened up the side cover the other day so Im going to update some stuff. Currently his Baja Warrior with the Pred has: Tav 2, Hot Rod minibike exhaust, ARC air filter and ARC...
  10. B

Baja build from parts. Work in progress.

I started on this project awhile ago and posted a couple pictures. Here are some updated photos. The biggest changes will be the creating of a battery box, installation of a real tank, new Speed Racer tire, relocation of the electric starter switch and new front forks to change the look and...
  11. B

Baja Warrior

Been awhile since i posted about my Baja project gas tank and front forks. Ill try to add more pics today. Ive added the new functional gas tank and removed the tank from my Lifan 6.5. Need to order the petcock. I ground off the chain guard bracket, seat bracket on the cross member to fit...
  12. B

MB 165-200 Fenders and Steering Tress

Interesting discovery last night. I bought 2 Baja MBs taken apart and in boxes. I was putting one together and discovered that one of the forks on the steering tree was damaged. I ordered another and it showed up yesterday. Maybe others know this already but...... The replacement steering...
  13. B

Home Depot Lifan

Hello: Just registered today. Working on 2 Baja Warriors that I bought disassembled in boxes. I ordered a Lifan electric start (LF168F-2BDQ) 5.6 from the Home Depot. So far so good. Started up and I changed the exhaust and air cleaner. Jackshaft set up and likage were easy as well...
  14. B

Hello Everyone: Just registered this morning and am going to ask a question in the clone engine forum. I bought 2 disassembled BAJA Warriors in storage bins about 3 years ago. Started working on one a few months ago and am having a blast. I have 1 new LIFAN 5 bolt head electric start...