Search results

1. sam j

powell rear wheel with good sprocket

Hello everyone, I am looking for a rear wheel with a good sprocket for my Powell Super Challenger. Thanks!
  2. sam j

Powell back wheel with usable sprocket.

Looking for a back wheel with a good sprocket for my Powell Challenger. Anyone have a spare one lying around that they want to sell.
  3. sam j

Tote Gote model 600 upper fork and handle bar assemby

I am looking for an upper fork and handlebar assembly or complete assembly for a model 600 Tote Gote. Let me know if you have one that you would be willing to sell. Thanks! Sam
  4. sam j

WTB Taco 22 aluminum clutch cover

I'm looking to buy an aluminum clutch cover for a Taco 22. The one that says Taco on it. Thanks! Sam
  5. sam j

Taco 22 forks

I'm looking for a good usable set of upper fork/handlebars for a Taco 22. Even a complete fort set with springs would be great. Let me know what you got. Thanks!
  6. sam j

Simplex Challenger Mark II front wheel

Anyone know where a guy might find a front wheel for his Simplex Challenger Mark II go-kart. It's the type of wheel that uses tapered roller bearings. Let me know. Thanks!
  7. sam j

True barn find Go karts ID

Just picked up these two go karts. Actually had to dig them out of a barn. The people said that I could have them for free but since they just lost part of their barn roof from high winds I offered them $ 50.00 which they gladly took. I don't know if they are home made or manufactured. Thought...
  8. sam j

Mini Bike Challenge book.

I just found and bought a copy of the book Mini bike challenge by Edward Radlauer published in 1970. Decided to read it last night. Man did that bring back memories of mini bike racing when I was growing up in Las Vegas. I remember reading this book back then when I was 10 years old. Also...
  9. sam j

WTB Powell kickstand

Looking for an original style kickstand to buy for my Powell. Let me know if you have one. Thanks! Sam
  10. sam j

Grandkids mini bikes and go kart

Just about done with both Grandsons Cat and Sears mini bikes and the Granddaughters Rob Ron go kart. The kids will be here this weekend so hopefully I'll have them done so that they can ride them and I'll ride my Powell. We're going to do some mini bike barrel racing in my wife's horse arena...
  11. sam j

Powell ride video

https://youtu.be/esvr1w6CWdo OND asked for a ride video of the Powell that I just built. So here is a video of me riding the Powell around the property. Hopefully the link will work, this is my first attempt at linking to a video.
  12. sam j

Powell is finished. Time to ride

Just finished the Powell and took it out for a ride around the property. What a blast! Now its time to finish the grand kids mini bikes and go kart so that we can do some mini bike barrel racing in the wife's horse arena.
  13. sam j

Powell Phantom fender brackets

These are off of the Powell that I am building. I am not going to use them. They are pretty roached but can be saved. You can see somebody welded a fender onto the back bracket, but that can be ground off. Just thought I would see if anybody needed these for their build. $50.00 Let me know
  14. sam j

Powell build

Working on the Powell while the grandkids are back at home. That way I can focus on their mini bikes and go kart when they are here at the end of June. A buddy of mine gave me a Tecumseh engine off of his old rotor tiller. It looks much better than the modern Honda engine I was going to use. Now...
  15. sam j

Powell kickstand

Need a kickstand for a Powell mini bike. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thanks! Sam
  16. sam j

Let the builds begin

Powell, Sears, Cat and RobRon go kart Just got them back from powdercoat. Now to start building them with the grandkids.
  17. sam j

Powell mini bike questions

Hello everyone, I just recently found a Powell mini bike to rebuild with my grandkids. I was wondering if there is a way to find any information about it based on it's serial number. Also I was wondering if anyone makes spare parts for these mini bikes. I can fab the parts as needed but if...
  18. sam j

what is it

Got this for my grandson to restore. Was wondering if anyone knows what it is.
  19. sam j

New guy from Colorado

Hello everyone, New here to the site. I have my own shop where I work on prewar cars and race cars. Mostly Bugatti, Miller, Talbot Lago and Delahaye. The Grandkids always want to work with me but I can't let them work on the Vintage cars. So I thought I would get them some vintage mini bike...