Search results

1. D

Baja Warrior build for reliability in desert.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments. This BW appears to be a later manufacturing. The frame is powder coated Olive Drab. The faux fuel tank is camo loaded down with colorful safety decals. Fenders also plastic and camo. When the original engine was pulled, so went the lights. Outside...
  2. D

Baja Warrior build for reliability in desert.

Last year I acquired a basket case Warrior at a pawn shop. Engine was not original but a new 212 Predator bolted into frame, NIB GCT TC2. It appears that previous own was stopped at how to install the TC2. There were a few other easy to correct problems that I corrected while installing the...
  3. D

tool kit/ first aid supplies?

There are at times when I ride far from camp. You can get carried away with all the tools and spare parts you think you might need. A spare spark plug, fuel filter and spare parts. Adjustable wrench, pliers, multi screwdriver and such. The lists will vary on individual, how long and how far...
  4. D

First start on 2nd hand non hemi Predator

I don't have an answer for what was wrong. But I think I found a solution to this particular problem. I added a couple of cap full of seafoam to the fuel and let run. After a while it was running smooth. I shut it off and let it set for a few hours. The next time it fired right up on the...
  5. D

I'm Desert Drifter

BWL I'm starting to give a lot of though in either building one or finding one. I think it would be a real HOOT blasting around on an off road trike.. Except for a couple of things Cactus for one and rattlers for the other. And I don't know which one would be worse:shrug: 'drif
  6. D

The engine is not new. I appears like it just came out of the box. No dirt, dust or grime anywhere. When I got it there was no muffler on it and the pawn shop told me it leaked oil. Thus the reason I got such a smoking deal. It does not leak oil. I fill the case with thin oil and for one...
  7. D

The chassis is all back together on Project Baja MB200 GC and time to start the engine. The engine is a non-hemi R210-111 from HF that came with the project and not original to the bike. It looks like brand new out of the box minus the muffler. I ordered the OEM muffler and gasket off the web...
  8. D

Reliable torque converter for Baja MB200 GC

FOMOGO and noseoil. Thanks for the info on the bolts noseoil. I'm leaning to ordering the one FOMOGO suggested from OldMiniBikes along with the Comet belt. My resurrection project is cleaned up and just waiting for a gasket to start the engine up. Your suggestions are much appreciated. 'drif
  9. D

I'm Desert Drifter

RobertC unfortunately I have 20 years worth images in photobucket that I cant retrieve at the moment. I need to take more pictures and a new hosting service. My camp is about 40 miles from the nearest town. No utilities anywhere. The land is rolling hills with arroyos, buttes and canyons...
  10. D

Reading that sent chills down my back. I was on my Rokon blazing along at about 15 MPH across the desert and my leg slapped a cholla cactus plant. The Levis's I was wearing was instantly stapled to the side of my leg with 2" long needles. Took about 3 weeks to recover from that. I cant...
  11. D

Thanks noseoil. That looks like a mod I could do and live with. Do you think that all the clones are made by the same outfit? The huge difference in the prices would indicate NO. But they all seem to look the same...at least the pictures I've looked at. Thanks again. 'drif
  12. D

I'm Desert Drifter

RobertC currently I'm riding a Coleman CT 200 EX. I have a Baja MB 200 GC camo project bike that I am resurrecting from the grave. On my camp in the high plains desert of southeastern CO I have a vintage Sportsmans 700. My grandkids are running around on my Sportsmans 500 and vintage DB 30...
  13. D

Thanks chrisr I've looked at the clones on ebay and viewed a few of the Utube videos. I've always followed the credence of "don't modify the system to fit the part but modify the part to fit the system". So I take it that the TAVs and clones will require modifying the frame of the MB200.:sad...
  14. D

I would call my project a Frankenstien or Zombie Baja MB200 GC. After 2 quarts of mineral spirits and a week of cleaning off an adolescent paint job I have a very pristine and like new Baja MB200 rolling chassis. The tires of which still have full whiskers on them. The original engine has...
  15. D

What is wrong with my posts?

:clap: Yay! I might even find some humor here. That's always a good sign. 'drif
  16. D

I'm Desert Drifter

Hello Steve, nice meeting you. I drift on the high desert of southeastern Colorado. Along the Apishapa in Las Animas county to be exact. 'drif
  17. D

I'm Desert Drifter

Hi, I'm Desert Drifter. I was trying to introduce myself but my 4 line introduction was denied. 'drif
  18. D

What is wrong with my posts?

Just been a visitor for a long time. First time I ask a question I get denied. There were no URL's or forbidden works. What is wrong with my posts. 'drif