Search results

1. Bow

Adjustable carburetor for predator 212???

You just jet it for the airflow, hell you might get by with the stock jets it comes with if you run the stock muffler. As for not "Adding HP", HP is a function of airflow. If you are set on running the stock muffler, then don't expect to gain power, but you will add throttle response...
  2. Bow

Adjustable carburetor for predator 212???

I would suggest Mikuni VM-22. Great Throttle response, not hard to tune, and MUCH better that the 2 carbs you listed...
  3. Bow

Mikuni selection advice

I run one of those "Inverted" intakes on my Cyclekart. I've had no issues in the 2 years of running it on my 212 Hemi with a Mikuni VM-22... HOWEVER... they DO NOT clear the fan shroud as advertised... I had to make a 3/8" thick aluminum spacer to fit between the head and the intake to space the...
  4. Bow

ARC 6271 Billet rod

SOLD!!!!! Thanks Delray!
  5. Bow

ARC 6271 Billet rod

I bought the wrong rod, so my loss is your gain ARC 6271 Billet Rod 3.323" (+0.020) For the Honda GX200 (doesn't fit the Predator) $50 shipped (friends and family on PayPal, you eat the PalPay fee, I eat the shipping) Brand new in the box If you want it, PM me, I need for finance my big...
  6. Bow

CycleKart: BME RIP Special

Thank you. Yes, the inspiration car is the Morgan RIP Special. It started life as a 1928-1929 Morgan 3 wheeler that was converted to a 4 wheeler. The body is Fabric covering an Oak frame... V-Twin J.A.P. engine up front G.N. style Chain drive Nah, I wanted to keep it closer to the...
  7. Bow

Engine simulation software

If anyone is interested, the Speed Talk forum is having a group buy on simulation software: [Group-Buy] -- 182 of 200 sold -- Ends 3/13 - Speed Talk They are real close to their 200 required people. Here is what the offer is: ----------------------- 2018 Group-Buy Bundle Contents: 52 Racing...
  8. Bow

Yes, They are 3 hours East of me.. I haven't been able to get over there...yet... On a side note, I grew up not to far from Vestal, NY... over in Marathon...
  9. Bow

thanks Robert. Just a little background: I build it from scratch Frame is 1x3 thin wall square tube Body is 1/2" Conduit, hand bent, and covered with Dacron Fabric and painted with Valspar Latex Nose to tail, it is about 108" long Engine is a Predator 212 Hemi with a Mikuni...
  10. Bow

Thanks gents... It didn't do too bad on an aborted Top Speed run either... I had to get out of it do to someone pulling out into my lane... Its got more in it..
  11. Bow

Well, I have been lurking here a while, mainly looking at engine information, but I have been building a CycleKart (on and off for the past 2 years). I finally have it "Done", even though it will never be done and thought someone might like seeing it...
  12. Bow

Mikuni on go kart issues

I actually went to a local bike shop and bought a cable and the sheath Cut both to the length I needed and filed the lead stopper that came on the cable down to fit in the Mikuni slide.
  13. Bow

x-90 rider, 2018 JFF/Drag Bike Class

Cool Build
  14. Bow

$10-$15 cheaper billet flywheel alternative for Predators

Me neither... And Harbor Freight has 212 Predators on sale for $97 this weekend... Just stopped by, they had 1 60363 Hemi in stock... Which is now mine...
  15. Bow

Wow, I'm looking to get another Hemi to build.... don't have a project to put it on, but that isn't a reason not to build one... I think I'm digging that Ambush Flywheel... 34 degree timing, low drag fins, and less rotating mass for $113.20 shipped to my door... what is the downside?
  16. Bow

interesting... Advance timing 30 Degrees Is it safe to assume that is built into the Flywheel so you can run a stock key like the ARC?
  17. Bow

Looking at an older Baja

Genetics.....
  18. Bow

Looking at an older Baja

OND, Yup, like that one. Looks like the sun faded, formerly black frame on both... Where about are these infamous welds usually located? FOMOGO, Thanks, I was reading some threads on here yesterday on the PMR Jackshaft, very cool... I'm currently about 80% complete building my Cycle Kart...
  19. Bow

Looking at an older Baja

Hello all, I have a shot at purchasing a mini bike project: either a Baja with the JF168 5.5 hp engine, or a complete, or same era Baja without an engine... They are both steel fenders with chrome handlebar models. I'm 6'2 and about 180, so I was kind of looking for something larger...
  20. Bow

Tillotson TCT Mechanical Fuel Injection review

TCT Racing Carburetors - Tillotson 225-440cc (TG available Fall 2017) Hmmm.... We must wait for the good stuff...