Search results

1. O

Sprocket Location Question

Just came back froma ride, had GPS tied on, had her up to 30 mph, while not super fast, a bit wobbly with these tires. I could not see going any faster, until I have better suited tires. I bought a Noram clutch, kicks in at 2000 rpm, this mini is fast enough for now, this is a longer bike...
  2. O

Update: Okay bought chain and clutch #35 chain, 12 T clutch, and 60 T rear sprocket, so 5:1, a bit steep off the line, butgets going to speed easily. I have had her up to about 30 mph, and with the turf tires I chose, it's a bit wobbly and scary, on my gravel road that is freshly graded. So...
  3. O

Great idea, thanx for the idea..
  4. O

UPDATE Okay so need a clutch or TAV and some chain, most likely will be a clutch though. I fabbed this chain tensioner, from scracth. The rear sprocket, has a slight run out, less than .010, but is't there, and a slight wobble. The split rim is bent somewhere, and I have tried numerous ways...
  5. O

What dollars? you can't get much cheaper than almost free...... Seriously, new linings on the shoes 10-15 bucks, the brake themselves are in great shape, the shoes linings are worn down, as far as arcing to the drum, will undertake that myself, the rest. If all components were in poor shape...
  6. O

Thanx for the "Thumbs up" Guys, did make a few errors, where I should have known better. On the rear wheel hub assembly, where I did weld on a drive plate, instead of placing it on the hub more precisely then it is. I did weld it on in front, and some behinds, would have been better off welding...
  7. O

Here is an update, bike almost completed, built a kick stand, bought a rear sprocket #35 60T, waiting on a Hilliard 10 T clutch. need a brake lever and cable, as well as a twist throttle, have an old bicycle brake lever jury rigged for the throttle, works great for temporary.
  8. O

predator 3/4 #35 to T8F rear sprocket??

Cut out the rust and weld it up with new pipe, is that all the rust on that frame? I have fixed up a lot more rust than that on many old cars and trucks...
  9. O

Thanx Man, just an old jalopy of bike comin back to life.
  10. O

Here is an update, frame painted, got me a motor, need tires, chain sprocket and clutch yet. I plan to use a 60 T 35 sprocket, might need a tensioner sprocket in the mix too.
  11. O

Any ideas?

Yes absolutely, so far all is going well, created a new arrangement on the rear wheel to bolt on a drive sprocket, did some weld repairs on the frame too. Will sandblast the frame next and paint, have a 6.5 Predator type engine waiting in the wings, need new tires and tubes too. I will need to...
  12. O

Any ideas?

Hate to be "pesky", but does anyone know what this bike might resemble. Does it look like a home built? Possibly a small production shop bike?
  13. O

Hi all, so was busy today, this is the plan, reversed brakes on the rear, there are mounts on either side for the brake backing plate, so not a big deal. I also bought a large flat washer, drilled and tapped 4 holes for 5/16 UNF bolts, then I welded the plate onto the hub of the rear wheel...
  14. O

Any ideas?

This must be some oddball? I am thinking built and manufactured in a small local plant in my area....
  15. O

49 cc Pocket Rocket Custom

Son and I built this outta scrap pocket bikes, including hardened acrylic enamel I shot on, had to rebuild carb this evening before I could get this new used engine to start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcqmXH7jWx0
  16. O

Hi Thanx, again having a close look at everything, I may do the following, for 2 reasons, 1) I like the set-up, nice and heavy built, 2) I am cheap, so can spend more on other areas of the bike.....LOL instead of welding the sprocket onto the drum, as it was when built, I might install the...
  17. O

Not with good equipment and experience, that part I am not too worried about, but having a good shop doing this, will cost a few bucks. The old sprocket was welded to this drum to begin with, and not a complete perimeter weld, but 6 inch welds, looks like Mig. The drum itself is 1/8 steel, and...
  18. O

Yes it might just go that way, new parts might be the way to go, at least for the rear wheel/sprocket brake assembly
  19. O

The brake drum and hub assembly is a bolt on, so could put the brakes on the opposite side of the bike, then weld on a mounting plate on the other side, and bolt sprocket to that for easy removal. Now we are now getting into what is a "better bang for the buck", buy all new wheels tires with...