Search results

1. Aston jag

Minibike Cover

Does anyone know where to get a cover for an old school size minibike? Everything in my shop, if not covered, gets dusty and grimy in a hurry.
  2. Aston jag

Thread photos

Is there a way to see all of the photos contained in a thread on just one page and without the messages?
  3. Aston jag

Another cable end method (?)

I came across this method for fastening cable ends: Bowden Control Cables (making, repairing, or modifying control cables) - Looks really good to me, and brass is nice to turn on a lathe when you need to make the ends themselves. Sorry if it has already been discussed here.
  4. Aston jag

"Perfectly" horizontal carburetor?

Using the intake manifold that came with my Loncin 125cc horizontal four-stroke will result in the carburetor intake end being high, with its bore being at an angle of about 17deg from horizontal. I guess that must be OK because that is the way the manufacturer designed it. Any thoughts?
  5. Aston jag

Exhaust connection help

I have a Loncin 125cc clone engine. It is a horizontal four-stroke with gearbox. I'm needing to fab or otherwise obtain an exhaust system for my conventional, old school minibike. The exhaust manifold studs are 45mm center-to-center. The port is 33mm in diameter. For whatever its worth...
  6. Aston jag

Four-engined kart

Does anyone know who built this amazing kart? It looks like the engines may be CV joint coupled together by their cranks, with drive to the wheels from the rear most engine. I wonder if the fuel tank is pressurized. They look like Mac engines to me. Something like 1-2-4-3 firing order, or do...
  7. Aston jag

What make is this bike?

Can anyone identify this minibike? The frame looks like a Frijole, but the front forks are different in several ways. One is that there are springs at the bottom of the forks. The seat is made by Aquila and was probably from a Vespa. I traded or sold this minibike to my brother fourty-five...
  8. Aston jag

Which mounting points to use on motorcycle style engine?

I an getting ready to mount a 125cc Loncin engine/transmission on my minibike. I know the two lateral holes can be used, but there are also four threaded holes on the bottom of the engine. They are space quite close together and I wonder if they are meant to take all of the load if used as the...
  9. Aston jag

Shifter Minibike Build

I have finally accumulated enough basic parts to do a mock-up of my shifter minibike project. This is my first minibike build. I'm using a frame built by Bad Dog and a Loncin 125cc motor/4-speed transmission. I went with the Loncin because I could get it with electric start. I have been very...
  10. Aston jag

I can't view videos on this site

When I click to start a video I get "about:blank" on the URL line. I' using an iMac. Does anyone know what I can do to view videos?
  11. Aston jag

Lifan engine available in U.S.?

Does anyone know if the Model 1P52FMI-H Lifan electric start, 125cc engine is available in the U.S.? I have found that the same engine, but without electric starting, is available in the U.S.
  12. Aston jag

What a great site!

I just joined this page tonight. I had a minibike fifty years ago and for some reason I want one again. I don't know what make mine was, but when I bought it, it had a Mac 6 on it with direct drive, no clutch. It was geared so that one had to ride it very fast just to keep the engine from...