Search results

1. Fantic Freddy

We lost one of the best today

For those that knew Dale (DocDC), he passed away today at age 64. Many on this site knew him, and he became a friend to me like no other. Keep his wife Lorrie and children in your prayers. The mini bike hobby brought us together, it was his personality and kindness that made many of us his friend.
  2. Fantic Freddy

Finished the ElTigre

After many repairs and making parts it's finished. It flies with the HS50 on it.
  3. Fantic Freddy

Happy Birthday Doug! (FOMOGO)

Have a great day, my friend.
  4. Fantic Freddy

HS50 exhaust pipe

Well, once again I had to make a part that I was too cheap to buy, or it wasn't available. I learned one thing, the HS50 Tecumseh had a dog legged exhaust for a reason, but I wanted a straight exhaust, so I got a flange from OldMiniBikes member "metal man" and made one.
  5. Fantic Freddy

It's Doc's Birthday!

Happy Birthday, my friend.:smile:
  6. Fantic Freddy

making a clutch/chain guard

I'm not having much luck finding a clutch guard for my El tigre project, so I'm making one. This is just a prototype, so I'm using 22 ga steel. If it turns out ok, I'll use a heavier gauge for the final product. I took the measurements from a Golden Pinto clutch guard, mocked it up in cardboard...
  7. Fantic Freddy

Clutch/chain guard for El Tigre

Wanted is a clutch guard for an El tigre or Golden Pinto. Doesn't need to be pretty, (rusty is good) It will be painted. It could be from other Bird bikes, as long as it's similar. Cheaper, the better.
  8. Fantic Freddy

New rides entry: 1971 Bird Foremost El Tigre ( JC Penney)

Fantic Freddy 1971 Bird Foremost El Tigre ( JC Penney) I bought this bike from an OldMiniBikes member, it needed some love. The forks needed work and an engine. I put a Tecumseh HS50 on it. Pictures soon.
  9. Fantic Freddy

Home made spring cups

I'm in the process of rebuilding the forks on my El Tigre, the upper spring cups were damaged, I needed 1 5/8" and could only find 1 7/8" spring cups. Amazingly, steel, small block Chevy freeze plugs were the exact size, so I welded the spring retainer from an over sized pair of cups on the...
  10. Fantic Freddy

Tecumseh HS50 exhaust flange

Does anybody have one of these they would like to sell? The exhaust port on my '78 HS50 is not threaded, I would like to make a short muffler pipe. Thanks
  11. Fantic Freddy

New rides entry: 1971 Bird Golden Pinto

Fantic Freddy 1971? Bird Golden Pinto I built this bike from a frame that I purchased from an OldMiniBikes member. It's a mild mannered bike for the grand kids. It's now the "Copper Pinto". I put an El Tigre seat on it and a timid 2 horse Briggs from an edger. The grand kids still think I'm trying to...
  12. Fantic Freddy

I met the future today.

I traveled to PA today with my buddy Docdc to pick up an El Tigre roller that I bought from OldMiniBikes member "Lawnboy". We exchanged PM's and struck a deal, all the time I thought I was dealing with an adult. When we arrived at his house the garage door opened, and a young man ( around 10 or so) rolls...
  13. Fantic Freddy

I'm liking this

https://dayton.craigslist.org/snw/6125425092.html
  14. Fantic Freddy

Finishing up the Broncco

I put on the Manchester1 seat, like icing on the cake. I'll post more photos when the front fender is finished.
  15. Fantic Freddy

Canfield Swap meet- Ohio

Dave & Ed's Super Auto Events Canfield Swap Meet, Car Corral & Sunday Car Show, , OH | Ohio. Find it here. The weather looks rainy, but it's a nice event, mostly car related, but mini bike and motorcycle parts can be found there too.
  16. Fantic Freddy

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to the OldMiniBikes members and families, may it be a day of joy and celebration.
  17. Fantic Freddy

Broncco TX-7 external coil

I'm in need of a coil for my '70 Broncco TX-7. My current one was giving a weak spark, now it's dead. Let me know if you have a good one for sale. Thanks.
  18. Fantic Freddy

Grandkids Pinto

How it looked when I got it.How it looks now, almost a true roller. The engine is going to be a 2 horse '66 Briggs already cleaned and painted a copper color, any ideas on what color would look good on the frame?
  19. Fantic Freddy

If I only lived in Texas

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/mcy/6064123932.html Why can't I get over these Honda's? :confused:
  20. Fantic Freddy

Thoughts & prayers for Havasu Dave

Please check out Dave's Build Off thread, post #66.