Search results

1. C

hey man I need to talk to you!!!

hey man I need to talk to you!!!
  2. C

LED Brake/Running Light with Turn signals and Handelbar Controller Install, PIC HEAVY

Definitely wanna have something like that set up for my ride :laugh: what kind of horn did you use?
  3. C

Predator 212cc Throttle Cable Screw Stripped

Glad I could teach you something! haha. That would make sense! :laugh: Glad everything works so well. Thanks again Ken!
  4. C

I just tried switching it, and it worked! I rigged it in the same way you did the other one, and it works like a dream! Since I wanted to keep the low oil sensor hooked up, I simply weaseled that wire into the green wire sleeve thing, then put a few loops of electrical tape to make sure it...
  5. C

Definitely learned a lot this evening! Yeah, your vice grips worked perfectly! Wishing I would of got a set like those! :laugh: Thanks for ID'ing it again, too. Like I said before, I had no idea what it was, or if it was something the previous owner just made :laugh: Yeah, that predator runs...
  6. C

A fantastic guy! And yeah, he made embarrassingly short work of it... Made me feel like a heel, Haha!
  7. C

After a few unsuccessful tries with the vice grips I bought, he busted out ones of a different type, and after a try or two, he managed to get the sucker off. Let's just chalk it up to "I loosened it up for him" :laugh:
  8. C

To everyone who was wondering how this would turn out, Ken (minikenny) came by today! Not ONLY did he get the stubborn screw unstuck...We (he) got the throttle hooked up with a cable he gave me, fixed up a spring so it would return properly (Something it never did since I got it) AND wired up...
  9. C

That'd be awesome of you! Yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya... It's not that I don't like working on em, I'm just ready to get back on the road! :laugh: It'd help if I had the right equipment too, Haha. Sounds like a plan! Might as well try hooking it up and see if it works, if it does, great, if...
  10. C

No luck with filing it... Just going to have to order the damn cable when I get paid on Thursday, I guess.. Can't believe I keep running into crap like this. What I thought was going to be a straight forward 5-10 minute fix has been keeping me busy for at least a few hours a day for the past...
  11. C

I'm starting to get a little fed up with this bike already.... The cable won't even fit into the throttle assembly. The ball on the end is too fat to fit into the hole in the handle. I can't even get the assembly together with the cable resting in the groove. I thought a bicycle break cable...
  12. C

I've already had that problem! haha! It was already tight like that and I had to manually push the throttle back every time I wanted to idle XD That would explain why it was so tight. Good news is, I got the cable all wired up through the bolt and everything! Bad news is, now I can't remember...
  13. C

Sorry! I know what you meant, I don't know why I thought it was the yellow circled one, and yes, I found the clamp and everything, I now have the cable cover nice and secure, and I have the other screw out, so it SHOULD be smooth sailing from here :laugh: I appreciate all the help guys, really...
  14. C

That yellow circled screw/bolt is another place to put the cable? I didn't realize that until you said it... Words can't describe the feeling I'm experiencing right now. Looking at my engine, it doesn't LOOK rusted/stuck.. let's see if that one comes loose without an issue and if so, I think you...
  15. C

I was just going to ask "Is there a way to take it out from the other side of the lever?" You beat me to it you clever son of a gun! I actually updated one of my posts on the first page with pictures of the bike and the stubborn screw, haha, take a peek. Taking off that lever doesn't mess with...
  16. C

I agree with you gentlemen, but I'm having absolutely no luck tonight =/ Even with the extra space, I still couldn't get that screw to budge. No luck on trying to deform it either, the inside might strip easy, but the outside is tough as hell, probably just to spite me :cursing: lol. I...
  17. C

You can say that again... I feel dumb now. I thought I'd have to take off the carb or something when I took off the air box... didn't realize it was just the two bolts and the hose! Doh! :facepalm: Now that I have more room to work... Let's give it another go, and see what happens. At the very...
  18. C

I can't really get them to "lock" onto the screw. When I do, the grip it locks with isn't sufficient enough to turn the screw, it just slides. Yeah, I do have everything still installed. I'm not confident in my ability to take things like that off, then put them back on and have the engine...
  19. C

I'll actually try and give that a shot. I'm not sure what else can be done myself. I'm at a loss. Really starting to see why the previous owner found a crappy alternative instead of fixing it himself, haha.