Search results

1. Aircooled

horizontal 50cc specs

I was wondering if anyone would have the specs for a Jincheng 50cc horizontal engine or know where I could find them? I'm obviously not looking in the right place. I need valve clearances, plug gap, etc. I'm assuming the specs might be the same or similar to a Lifan engine. Thank you!
  2. Aircooled

WTD-Honda Z50R/ Chinese clone vented gas cap

Just as the title states. I'm looking for a vented gas cap for a Honda/ Jincheng mini enduro. Thanks!
  3. Aircooled

Wanted- Honda Z50 type intake manifold

As the title says. I need a Honda Z50 type intake manifold. It's actually for a Jincheng 50Q-9 Chinese clone bike that's missing the intake, carb,and a few odds and ends. I could also use a vented gas cap. Tell me what you have.. Thank you. Jack
  4. Aircooled

Picked up another little bike

I picked up a bike at a local yard sale...kinda like the way I found my other bike. It's a Jincheng...yeah, I know it's Chinese.. It's a mini-enduro, 50 cc, 3-spd. It is missing some parts, but it was cheap. How difficult is it to find parts for these things? It's missing the carb. and...
  5. Aircooled

Hydraulic brake install on Motovox MBX bike

I have a general question in regard to mounting a hydraulic caliper. Does it usually entail modifying the caliper mounting tab? It appears that whichever caliper I use, larger Motovox or small DB type the tab either has to be ground down and redrilled, or perhaps weld a new tab on the frame...
  6. Aircooled

street tires

Hi guys, I have a question regarding tire size and tread. My Motovox has the usual standard off-road(tread) type tires...145/70-6, what size would a normal street tread tire be? I would eventually like to swap them out for a normal street tire. Thank you!
  7. Aircooled

hydraulic brake kit for Motovox MBX10

Hi guys, It's been awhile since I last posted, but I haven't lost interest. My question is... I'd like to improve the braking capability on my Motovox bike. The single mechanical brake just don't cut the muster, as most of you already know. I see that Hotrod minibike is out of stock on their...
  8. Aircooled

Sprocket question

I'd like to replace my rear sprocket from a 74 tooth to a 60 tooth. I had already purchased a generic-universal- solid sprocket. I would like to use it on my Motovox bike. The center hole is 1 3/8" and according to what I've read, it needs to be 1 1/2". Also the 6-outer mounting holes need to be...
  9. Aircooled

break-in oil

I was wondering if I should use an oil with high zinc content for break-in. I know it's kind of recommended for flat tappet cams on cars...or just go with a standard 10w-30 and add a zinc additive to the mix?
  10. Aircooled

Aluminum vs. steel sprocket

Just a quick question in regard to using an aluminum or steel rear sprocket. I'm getting ready to order a new sprocket along with a few other parts. Which is the better choice? I'd like to change out the 74 to a 60 tooth sprocket. Preparing to install the Predator engine. Thanks for your...
  11. Aircooled

clutch spacer

Is it necessary to use a spacer with a Predator clutch setup? I've seen it used on occasion and was wondering if it's really needed, or is it taken care of between the key way, set screws, and crank bolt? Thank you.
  12. Aircooled

Slotting the engine mounting plate

Hi guys, Just have a quick question. I'm getting ready to mount a Predator 212 to my bike. Of course it will entail drilling 4-holes in the plate...or the other option would be the aluminum adapter plate...but would like to save a few scheckles. I'd like to keep the engine mounting adjustable...
  13. Aircooled

Predator hemi vs. non-hemi

Can someone point out the difference between the Predator Hemi vs. the non-Hemi engine? I'm planning to purchase a 212cc Predator, but would like to know if there's a benefit to one engine over the other. Does the "Hemi" have a hemispherical combustion chamber design similar to a Mopar hemi...
  14. Aircooled

vibration issue

Hi Guys, I have a question regarding vibration. When I get on the bike and gas it, it tends to vibrate up front until it smooths out. Has anyone experienced this, and could it be as simple as a wheel, or wheels being out of balance....or a a tire out of round. I'm just trying to apply my...
  15. Aircooled

Seat adaptability question

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum and figured I had to start somewhere. I have a Motovox bike that I recently picked up. I'm gradually getting it back together, but need a seat for it 'cause the seat was trashed. Comparing the Monster Moto MM-B80 and the Motovox MBX 10, 11, they look like they...
  16. Aircooled

Newbie in the house

Hi guys(and gals), I'm new to the forum, and I'm a motorhead of sorts. I just picked up a Motovox MBX10 from a neighbor who was moving out. It was a a basket case...and cheap, but I viewed it as a challenge. I was into go-Karts and minibikes when I was much younger. Perhaps I'm looking to...