Search results

1. S

RUPPSTER- Kohler engine info

to secure the wiring harness to the frame, I used a detail that I saw on a racecar somewhere. Bend a washer to approximately 60 degrees, then weld to frame in 2 spots. The "V" cradles the wires and the gap between washer and frame is perfect for a zip tie. Clean and very secure.
  2. S

here's the new battery tray. This is before the wiring was cleaned up and finished. That's my son putting things together.
  3. S

As mentioned before, wiring on this buggy was a disaster. There were poorly crimped splices everywhere, and the solenoid and regulator/rectifier were just randomly hanging loosely from the rear body support bar. We made a new battery box and hold-downs. The regulator/rectifier is mounted to...
  4. S

No updates here lately but we have been making slow progress. Here is the clutch that I desribed before. I think I figured it out. The floating aluminum collar with DU bushing is there to let the belt slip and freewheel at idle. These parts are trashed so I'll need to make a new collar and...
  5. S

So here is my question with the clutch. It's a Rupp clutch, 30mm taper mount. The fixed stationary sheave has a collar next to it that is floating loose on the shaft. Its aluminum like the sheave, looks like it may or may not have broken off the sheave. Also there is a split bushing like a...
  6. S

Here's my engine test fixture. Note precariously secured fuel tank and battery.
  7. S

Ok I have some updates. After much messing around with points and wiring we have spark. I got the Tillotson HR rebuild parts from EC Carbs. Totally stripped carb and cleaned in ultrasonic. Put it all back together and fired it up! Jeez its loud. The exhaust is a Donaldson power-tuned. I...
  8. S

RUPP BODY? NOT MINE

Looks like it's sold. Good thing too- that's not far from me and I sure don't need another project!
  9. S

Well, it sat here for a few years until we finally found some time to work on it. I dont have any photos worth showing yet. Right now it looks like a Rupp yard sale more than anything! The regulator/rectifier is a generic 4 wire unit I got on ebay. I'll wait and see if it's any good. Should...
  10. S

Glad you found it helpful. I'm not even sure that ours is a K295- it could be a 309 or 335, I guess. There is no ID tag and no numbers stamped into it anywhere that I can see. My understanding is that they're all the same except the stroke, so maybe I'll measure the stroke and try to figure...
  11. S

Update; I found the Kohler service manual as a scanned pdf file at the very edge of the internet, thanks to a hovercraft enthusiast. http://foxxinabox.com/documents/index.htm
  12. S

Thanks for the reply!. I looked there, all they have for the Kohler 2 stroke singles is the owner manual, not service manual. They have a service manual for the 2 stroke twins but not singles. "KOHLER Owners manual covers 2cycle Singles".
  13. S

Hi everyone. I have a Ruppster buggy that my sons and I are working on. It has a Kohler 2-stroke single cyl engine which I believe to be a K295-1. Engine has electric start. We haven't been able to get any spark so I'm looking for any info. I have checked the points and cleaned them up a...