Search results

1. R

'69 Rupp Roadster Torrington Bearing?

And oddly enough, I'm on here today looking for chain tensioner ideas. The Rube Goldberg setup we had has disintegrated. The new setup is not going to last all that long either.
  2. R

1969 Rupp Roadster rear rim repair

OK. I tried to order the rim half 2x and my browser wouldn't cooperate to finish the order. Sooooo, I bought a Helicoil kit. $20 and installed them in 15 minutes. Gonna bolt it all back together and see how it goes. Worst case, I wasted $20; best case, I saved $55.
  3. R

1969 Rupp Roadster rear rim repair

Say it 5x fast :-) I searched for a while to find a similar post, but no luck. Don't flame me if it's out there, just share the link here. Son and I restored my childhood Roadster a few years back. With use, a few of the bolt stanchions for the rear wheel sprocket have stripped out. Since I'm...
  4. R

First Chopper found!

Very cool!
  5. R

Predator 212 question

Demand versus cost.
  6. R

Artsy photos by my son. 1969 Rupp

Yeah, around 83° off of TDC (or BDC in Australia :-)
  7. R

It WAS back in 1969 (not sure how many years thereafter), but to the best of my knowledge isn't any more. I think there is a 49cc limit on bikes of this stature. This one is a bit over that, at 212cc :) The plate is actually from the last motorcycle I owned back in '98. I thought it would be a...
  8. R

Posted these in photos section, but not sure if that's just a storage spot. Anyway, here are two shots my 12 y.o. son took of the Rupp he's been riding since we completed the restoration this spring. Based on a bunch of other shots he's done, I think he may have an eye for photography...
  9. Artsy 1969 Rupp photos.

Artsy 1969 Rupp photos.

Taken by my 12 y.o. son. The kid's got an eye for photography, based on a lot of the other shots he's done.
  10. Artsy 1969 Rupp photos.

Artsy 1969 Rupp photos.

Taken by my 12 y.o. son. The kid's got an eye for photography, based on a lot of the other shots he's done.
  11. R

Chain Breaker for #40 chain

I have to say I was both frustrated and impressed with the amount I had to grind away to get links to break apart. 'Provides some faith in the strength of that chain.
  12. R

Go Kart angled motor mounts

"This mount is used to clear the right rear tire on race karts"
  13. R

New Predator 212cc Engine Rewind Starter Posistion

I'll second that. 'Had to rotate ours for the same reason when installing on an old Rupp Roadster.
  14. R

Engine mount spacer & rubber isolation. '69 Rupp Roadtser

Believe it or not, I sliced up some hockey pucks into wedge shapes, drilled them out, and mounted the engine on them. It works fine. After the first hour of riding, I checked them and they're snug and secure. Ten hours in and no change.
  15. R

'69 Roadster jackshaft clutch noise and shift point

The suspense is killing me! :)
  16. R

Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller? Frye?
  17. R

Two part question: Can the brass bushing on the jackshaft clutch be replaced, or should I just be looking for a new clutch? I ask because after putting this project back together, the clutch bell makes the same noise when freewheeling that it did when I was a kid (it sounds like it spins to the...
  18. R

Which one should I get?

I'M not the one who ran it over...
  19. R

Which one should I get?

Why buy when you can get it for free?
  20. R

Which one should I get?

Just pick the one on the left. Unless you're left-handed. Then pick the right one. Definitely don't pick the wrong one.