Search results

1. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Sunday funday, got it back together As much as I can. Still waiting on sprockets and brakes. Then I’ll know the proper placement of the pegs.
  2. Johnwesley

mm80 build

I set out to stretch the frame, which is a easy peasy few hour job. Only this is the first mini bike chop I’ve done. I was not prepared for how out of alignment these frames are. I set it up like the dyna I chopped, only thing is everything I checked was off in different directions. After a lot...
  3. Johnwesley

Help with a build 223

Champion 1:1
  4. Johnwesley

Help with a build 223

trying to get the rocker geometry correct so I put the dial indicator on the valve to measure lift. Sitting at 0.27365 ;) I believe that about right on the geometry. I guess I could check the pattern on the lash cap and make sure everything is centered as quality assurance check. and yes the...
  5. Johnwesley

mm80 build

The center exit header was too tall for the bike but it is the look I prefer. I chopped it at the weld where the second stage starts and played with how much I needed to take out. I have about 1.5 inches clearance under the seat where I will also put a heat shield. While the header is being...
  6. Johnwesley

mm80 build

It’s moving slow but I did get the custom sprocket adapter and put studs in. That will keep from wearing the threads out.
  7. Johnwesley

Help with a build 223

Got the head in and going back together with it. Got to make sure the rocker geometry is on and measure the lift. The intake port is slightly larger than the carb so I gotta figure out if I want to run it that way or not. After it was all put together it ended up at 0.004
  8. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Some hardware showed up today. Makes the hub wheel connection is much nicer than the hex head that was holding it together. It’s basically a button head Allen with built in washer. Also my wheel spacers material showed up.
  9. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Got the cable and housing modified to fit the carb and did a little tidy up of the hose.
  10. Johnwesley

BT200X resurrection

Decided to try and get the stock motor going. I figured it was shot and would smoke like a freight train. To my surprise it runs fine. I had to change out the carb for one on the shelf. video in the link. Cant figure out how to imbed it...
  11. Johnwesley

BT200X resurrection

No doubt! You have to do it on purpose. Looks like spray paint no prep. Filter must have fell off and they never bothered to replace it. All carb plastic is broken. Not choke, on/off fuel or any other plastic tabs. Headlight I termales fell out on the trail?...maybe? Who knows what happened to...
  12. Johnwesley

BT200X resurrection

Decided to look through my old dirt bike parts while I’m waiting on parts. A set of pro taper evo bars may work nice. Need to shorten them some.
  13. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Got the rear wheel on waiting on parts to get the rear sprocket and brakes. I’m open to decent rear brake calipers suggestions. The rear axle definitely needs to move back.
  14. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Just the thing I’m doing tomorrow. The MC shop at work has a mini mill lathe combo sitting in the warehouse. I’m taking the fork lift and setting it up. Then I can do spacers and the like. Talked to a buddy with a cnc machine and he is willing to write a cad program for the adapter. I ordered a...
  15. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Thanks delray, after I get it together I’m going to look and see where I want to put the rear wheel. Right now I’m looking for someone to build a sprocket adapter the the z50 hub.
  16. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Got a little work done on the custom build. Front forks, wheel and adjustable motor mount. I’m going to have to modify the heade to make it work on this bike but I think it will work.
  17. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Love the dark green
  18. Johnwesley

mm80 build

O yeah that’s nice as is the mini in the very back of the pic.
  19. Johnwesley

mm80 build

that’s a great story about talent through controversy. It looks similar to a lime gold candy, but then what can you tell from a photo on the Internet. Either way a very cool color.
  20. Johnwesley

mm80 build

Thanks, Is that a tcp custom shop color?