Search results

1. S

50 Years Ago

Thanks everyone! Restoring this was a lot of fun and brought back great memories. The best part was hanging with my brother who happened to have some Plymouth Prowler Orange in his stash. I also give credit to all of you on OldMiniBikes for the inspiration. Seeing your bikes got me excited to get mine...
  2. S

50 Years Ago

I got this for Christmas in 69 - Finally got it put back together. Runs great!
  3. S

OND's - Bonanza - (Vintage Open)

That thing is bad! I'd love to get my hands on a pipe and air cleaner like yours!
  4. S

StevieRay's - 69 Bonanza Chopper - (Just For Fun)

I appreciate it guys! I'm really glad I found the OldMiniBikes forum. It got me inspired to bring mine back to life. There's a lot of talented people subscribed here. I'm proud to be a member!
  5. S

Not going to make the finish line by the 31st but going to keep working on it for sure. The bodywork is cleaned up and now trying to bring it all together. I hope finished it over the next month. I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the build-off and thanks to everyone that make this...
  6. S

Havasu Dave's - "Mini Bike" - (Just For Fun)

That is awesome! :-)
  7. S

My Brother George is having to re-do a bunch of the old custom work on the frame(probably more than he anticipated). He's bailed me out more than once. Thanks Bro!
  8. S

I got the tubes from Northern Tool.
  9. S

The lower legs on the sissy bar were completely seized up. Heating and beating was not getting it done. I had to sacrifice the sissy bar I got from Bryce just to get a good lower leg. I got the guys a Quate Industrial to bore our the inner tube. The left lower leg was eaten through from too may...
  10. S

Spent some time polishing wheels yesterday. Used Harbor Freight pads and Mothers polish.
  11. S

The area under the tank was a big mess. The 70's era customizing had to be cut out and redone. My big brother, George, happens to be a retired European Coach-works/Show Car restorer. I'll be owing him big-time!
  12. S

I pulled it part just to check it out before attempting to start.
  13. S

Got it running! - New coil, points, condenser from Stens and new carb from WNY Small Engine parts. I mounted it to a board and borrowed the tank off my leaf blower. Hard to believe it fired up after all those years. The old chrome started pealing away once it got hot. Oh well!
  14. S

Bryce05 - lighted suspension Trail Horse - (Vintage Class)

Awesome work! I love the details. Congratulations
  15. S

In the process of some body work on the tank and frame. Pics coming soon!
  16. S

I sealed the tank with POR-15 Fuel Tank Sealer. Works great. POR-15® Fuel Tank Sealer
  17. S

I had wheels and brake Vapor Blasted. I saw this on Leno's Garage. Just happened to be a shop near my work that does this. Vapor Blasting NC
  18. S

No fire - new parts on the way.
  19. S

Thanks a lot Phil - The sheet metal and gas tank were done around 1973. One of my Junior High school friends had an older brother that built custom chopper motorcycles as a sideline. We would hang out and they'd help us work on our stuff.
  20. S

Motor was locked up from sitting 40 years. Finally got it to turn over with the help of Marvel Mystery Oil. New carburetor on the way. I'll get it running before I paint, polish and chrome.