Search results

1. M

Montgomery ward help

Hi, first post here. I just picked up a nice Montgomery ward mini bike. I’m trying to figure out what I have and where to find some parts. I can’t find any stampings on the frame, but the engine is a HS50-670090 SER6247B The carb has 5275 AGS stamped on it I need the carburetor governor...
  2. M

Hard starting 4hp

Hi guys, I'm working on a 1964 Tote Goat for a friend. It has a 4hp Briggs. Went through it all and rebuilt the carb. Cold starts fine, restarts easily immediately after you shut it down, but if it sits for 5 minutes or more it is a bear to get going again. I've found a very very slim sweet...
  3. M

Tote Goat Twist Throttle Ideas

Fellow Tote Goaters and others, I'm looking for a solution to replace the stock twist throttle on a Tote Goat. I thought it would be a simple project, but what I'm running into is that the handlebar is 3/4 inch and NO ONE seems to offer a twist throttle replacement kit in anything smaller...
  4. M

Tote Goat model 404 belt

Working on a 1964 model 404 for a friend. I'm pretty sure the belt on it is not the correct size, as the clutch never disengages it. The clutch is clean and seems to work properly, and has a 3/4 inch width opening between the sheaves at the shaft. The belt that is on it now is .90 inches wide...
  5. M

Hello from Minnesota

Hi everyone, I'm Jeff from Brainerd Minnesota. Way back in the 70's I grew up riding a 1969 Rupp Goat. I'm 51 now and have been searching for one in green for many years....... anyway, recently a friend of mine who is not mechanical asked me to try to get his dads old Tote Goat running for...