Search results

1. cxbra

Getting the bike sorted out for summer :)

My bike has been down since last October when I crashed it into a light pole, luckily I made it out with only some bruised knees and swollen ankles after I went flying over the bars (no helmet either, wow being young = stupid). My forks were smashed of course and I bent them back to where I...
  2. cxbra

Minibike Mayhem video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou2PLolvw0I Im not sure if you guys have seen this video but it came out about 6 months ago from Motor Trend's coverage of Joe's Minibike Reunion! Ive seen other video's but not fully produced video's like this one. I love seeing Dave Miller's turboed 800cc...
  3. cxbra

Predator 212cc free mods

I have a few idea's for free'ing up some power on my engine (bone stock Predator, NO mods yet). Power isnt the problem, i'm running 12/72 gearing with a 13" rear tire. The front comes up when I need it. The problem is my throttle response is pretty bad. When I roll off the throttle, there is a...
  4. cxbra

Predator 212 powered El Tigre

Hey guys, I just picked up an El Tigre the other day from a nice fellow during a trade for my Hawg-Ty. Im just so happy to be back to vintage, this time i'm not selling it :laugh:. I threw in my bone stock Predator 212cc and just like I thought, it had problems with the stock muffler fitting. I...
  5. cxbra

Hawg-Ty minibike roller for trade, Palmdale CA

Im looking to trade my 2005 Hawg-Ty rolling chassis for a smaller vintage rolling chassis. I dont want a DB30, I just want something vintage that accepts a 5hp motor. My rolling chassis is complete and im even throwing in the clutch. The only things you need are an engine, 40/41 chain and a...
  6. cxbra

Baja/Hawg-ty custom paint

Hey guys, im thinking about tearing down my Hawg-Ty for a paint job. Im really leaning towards an "electric blue" color with black fork and matching blue or a gold handlebar and of course, black wheels. I look at the paint scemes I like on BMX bikes and kind of apply it to minibikes. If...
  7. cxbra

Predator 212cc carb

Hey guys. I have a bone stock Predator and I have an issue with it cutting off anytime my bike is at an angle. Ive checked the plug and already know im running bone-dry lean (but it still revs great and gets good power). With the kickstand down, my bike is at like a 30 degree angle which does...
  8. cxbra

My governed 4400rpm Predator 212cc

Hey guys. I was pleased to find out that my engine is revving to 4400rpm bone stock :thumbsup:. I have the new style Predator 212 with governor connected, everything else is bone stock. The only thing ive done to this engine is add oil, gas and I backed out the throttle screw a bit. I tested my...
  9. cxbra

Predator 212cc STOCK carb jetting.

Simple question, what is the size of the STOCK 212cc carb jet? I know people say to drill the jet to 0.35 which is something like an 89 jet. So stock would be something like a size 85 jet? I wont be doing any drilling, just seeing which jets I should buy to keep in my toolbox for future mods.
  10. cxbra

Clutch removal help!

I have this damn evil lock ring on my clutch on my chinese gx160 clone that I need to get off and put on my predator engine. I am doing it the cheap way with no impact wrench (:hammer:) and I need to know, which way do I hit the bolt??? Do I hit the bolt down from the front of the engine...
  11. cxbra

Re-jetting needed BADLY!

Hey guys, my 5.5hp clone is running wayyyy too lean. It only idles with the choke on 75% of the time and it only revs with the choke 50% on (but then dies when the rpms get too low). What is the stock jetting size on the 5.5 carbs, like a 75 jet or somethin? I think it needs a good 10% flow...
  12. cxbra

Keeping gov. with custom carb linkage?

I have a 5.5hp clone and it was made for a generator or something, the factory throttle was made to stay open at 3600rpm 100% of the time (what makes me think it was a generator...). I fixed the linkage setup, but I had to disengage the governor arm in the process. If I fabricate a small...
  13. cxbra

My $100 craigslist find!

Back in the minibike scene! I sold my Bonanza to Guardrail Dave a year ago and havent had a mini since. I found a steal! A Baja Hawg-Ty on craigslist for $120 but it didnt run (but it turned over with good compression) so I picked it up for a bill! She wouldnt start so I reluctantly looked up...
  14. cxbra

My $100 craigslist find!

Back in the minibike scene! I sold my Bonanza to Guardrail Dave a year ago and havent had a mini since. I found a steal! A Baja Hawg-Ty on craigslist for $120 but it didnt run (but it turned over with good compression) so I picked it up for a bill! She wouldnt start so I reluctantly looked up...
  15. cxbra

Sticky clutch help.

I finally got my mini started today :thumbsup: but the clutch is stuck engaged and it pulls hard at idle.. At first I thought it must be too much throttle somehow (even though I saw the carb butterfly was closed) but then I realized the clutch was stuck. What could I do without pulling off the...
  16. cxbra

5.5clone engine help!

Hey guys. I picked up a old Baja Hawg-ty with jackshaft and 5.5hp Jiandong JF168 engine. The thing is on its own it sounds like it wants to start but wont. I put gas in the carb and it roars to about 3000rpm and then dies. I think its a fuel issue. The bike was sitting for months to a year...
  17. cxbra

Bonanza in So cal, $350

Hey guys, im sellin my baby (Bonanza in my avitar). No time to ride and I REALLY need the money right about now. Well its a BC1100, has a 5hp flathead Briggs with header exhaust. It could use some paint, besides that the bike is a dream. It has a fullsize feel to it but its still a smaller mini...
  18. cxbra

Rolling burnout!

It was too fun! Of course there was water involved but there was also a lot of gas in there too. I was riding across a wet field and decided to show off to some local highschool dudes, show em what the lil bike got haha. I ride out of the grass and immediately grab a fist full of throttle...
  19. cxbra

Pulled the head off my 5hp and...

.. found out it had CLEANLY shaved eyebrows already and looks to be a nice port polishing! I was so happy that I didnt have to do that myself :thumbsup:. The edges in the combustion chamber are smoother than i'd ever be able to do. I also think the head was milled down too. Cool considering I...
  20. cxbra

Spark plugs keep closing gap.

Why do my spark plugs keep gapping down after a few hours? I always gap to .030 and when my bikes starts acting funny, I pull the plug off and sure enough its at .020-.025. Maybe when im gapping, im gapping the arm part instead of the electrode, causing it to keep warping.. Anybody have any...